WATER MANAGEMENT IN TN
1. Water harvesting must be done on war footing to improve the ground water levels. It must be made compulsory and monitored seriously.
2. All lakes and ponds, including temple ponds must be desilted periodically.
3. Why not consider interlinking of all the rivers within TN as a first step if it is feasible in terms of water resources?.
4. We must also consider that we can no longer depend on other states for water. All said and done their water requirement is also increasing phenominally. In times of good rainfall, there is no problem, but in times of failure of monsoon it will be a great crunch.
5. TN has a long coast. More desalination units must be set up along the coast. We have plenty of sunshine which can be used as an energy source for desalination.
6. There must be enough incentives provided by the State & Central Government to make production of Solar Energy a household venture. We can then use our excess energy to get water from neighbouring states.
7 Ways must be found to get fresh water using sea water even by pumping sea water to the interior lands.
Let us make TN water sufficient!!! more