Validity for invoking claim by heirs on property

Would appreciate if you let me know limitation factor / validity on claiming share of heir after the death of holder of property?
Is the claim is mandatory to enforce by heir?
Who are the people in blood relation term as heir and eligible to claim?
Awaits answer
Manoj Shah
manoj(at the rate)realrr(dot)com more  

View all 10 comments Below 10 comments
Thxs manoj. Happy to be of service to you. more  
after reading all the comments, could someone clarify if the lawyer resorts to delaying tactics purposely to share the booty with stronger party and also getting tons of money from the weaker party deliberately. what is the maximum period to get mutation of flat done ,self acquired but co owned by dead husband who died instate 5 years ago and only heirs are wife with 3 married daughters, 2 have relinquished their share in favor of mother ,3rd one opened LIG flat of father on her own, no one objected,she has been promised a small apartment at Gurgaon, still she refuses to sign, taken cash from his lockers, just because she was promised this flat in GK minus her sisters & sick mother. more  
I don't think there is limitation as to the claim by legal heir. But it is better to exercise or claim your right as soon as possible and as & when it comes to your knowledge. Not taking any action even after matter comes in knowledge will put one in long drawn legal battle if the property is sold or transferred otherwise / changes hand. Secondly it will also put one in legally little weak position. more  
The successors are well listed in Hindu Succession Act. But the recent SC verdict added additional over and above. pl. ref the same in case applicable more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

    • Disconnection of EB connection - to those Tenets whose license is cancelled by local body an

      Is there any judgement regarding disconnection of EB connection of a tenent whose license is cancelled by local body or panchayat and in a building which is colloapsed. Misuse of eb connection a co...

      By Ramachandran Sridhar Alias Krishnan

      The Government through the legal system has empowered women backed by commissions and other SPVs specifically created for the purpose.However law alone can not empower women and empowered women mus...

      By Prasanta Misra
    • Genuine Lawyers and fake

      An Advocate ( I dont want to name) has sent me a notice submitting some false information regarding the ownership of the property from his client and threatening that he will take legal action aga...

      By Ramachandran Sridharakrishnan
    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
    • Settlement of claim

      Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination.

      By Koiredla Chandrarao
    • 4 crore personnel loan

      We have total 4 crore personnel loan out of 5 crore loan. One of my partner cheated us in Mining business. He mis utilized entire fund and project fake orders he created. We

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)