CITY Governance Charges (CGC) on Carpet Area Basis?

In a mega township project where one of the reputed builder charging CITY Governance Charges (CGC) based on per sq ft basis. It's nothing to do with building common area maintenance charges which is separate.

The CGC involves common roads, street lights, sewage treatment plants, solar panels, Temple, security etc. So it's common facility to everyone (1/2/3 BHK owners). There is no relationship between carpet area and these common facilities.

So in my view, such CGC charges should be common to per unit (i.e. flat) basis and not based on individual carpert area basis.

There is no such agreement in Sale deed for this CGC charges.
Is there any governance rules setup by Government authority for this?
Any advise will help us.. more  

View all 6 comments Below 6 comments
Is there any City Governance/Maintenance Act is in place for such Township (40 Societiesd)? Because developing such township is a very common trend everywhere where clear boundary of wall is not present between two Societies. How come Societies Act will be applied on City Governance? more  
Centre has not passed any city governance act.States might have done and might have had the Presidents approval more  
Since the township is in Dombivali it will be governed by Maharashtra Coop. Society Act, 1960. more  
Two buildings standing on a plot can register as Cooperative Housing Society with different names. more  
You are right such charges should be per flat if they are supported by any Law in force. If there was no mention of CGC in the Agreement for Sale executed by you with the builder then you need not pay. Please provide more details about location and laws applicable to registered Housing Societies/Residents Associations. more  
It's in Dombivali (Thane District), Maharashtra. more  
You might be talking about Chennai. City Consumer areas maintenance act( has to be in place). Unfortunately the reduced taxation for small flats is allowed under pretext ( house may be purchased by rich at low cost) more  
We have almost 40 Societies and having different size of flats (1/2/3 BHK) and having different carpet area. There is no clause regarding CGC charges based on carpet area in Sale agreement. As CGC involves common roads, street lights, sewage treatment plants, road solar panels, temple, security, etc. which will be utilized by all 40 Societies. So it's completely illogical that applying CGC charges based on carpet area. Because owner with 1 BHK utilizing the same facilities by giving less charges. more  
The words will change if you go to court. They should be named as "Garbage,Sewerage and public area maintenance ". But things should be under the Apartment owners association, and not under the Builders. more  
'Apartment owners association' is in formation. And since there are only two 3 BHK societies, we are not getting enough support for this issue. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Aadhar Card

      I shifted my house from one area to another in same city. i.e from sector 53 to Sect 42 in Gurgaon . I am unable to change new address on aadhar card as Govt wants me to produce address proof. To ...

      By Rajeev Bhargava
    • Can a Co-owner as wife make a Trust deed ?

      Sale deed has 2 names-Husband & Wife. Husband is living separately in another home and wife was earning to buy flat,( Husband had No source of income) Wife is paying for maintainance...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Refund rule against downgrading to 3ed A.C from 2nd A. C.

      For travel on 2th April 2022 from Thane to Bydur ( Mookambika Road), on konkan Railway.the ticket booked on line through IRCTC. For difference fare, ZTTE issued a certificate. PNR no.8449078066.

    • MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      By Bookmy Kumar
    • OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538

      OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳 OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳

      By Raju Kumar
    • ancestral property rights

      Dear Members We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can c...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)