Transfer of property by gift deed

Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children? more  

View all 9 comments Below 9 comments
Yes. Children can claim their share as a matter of right. They have claim in ancestral property due to birth in the family. Parents can not deny their right. more  
Thank you for your comment. more  
If inherited or received from husband then all children have claim over it. Often aged mothers are in vulnerable situation since other children had to go afar for their jobs or careers and she is looked after by one due to administrative reasons and or a better personal equation with one daughter in law or such reasons. In that case her gift deed is due to coercion and not of free will. So it can be disputed. People are expected to look after their parents without expecting anything in return, however in a materialistic world this does not happen. more  
Thank you for your comments. more  
The property is inherited and not self acquired. In this case, can the other children (all belonging to Hindu family and not minors) claim their rights ? more  
Laws of inheritance vary from religion to religion. In case of Hindu Succession Act, if it is absolutely evidenced to be self-earned/acquired property, the property can be gifted to his/her children through a registered gift deed, in whatever manner/proportions he/she likes, with or even without the consent of his/her children. However, if the property is inherited or no evidence to prove to be self-acquired, the property can be distributed through a registered gift deed (probate), only in the proportions contemplated under the Hndu Succession Act n or with the mutual consent of all the legal heirs under the Hindu Succession Act. more  
The children are not minors. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts


      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

    • Disconnection of EB connection - to those Tenets whose license is cancelled by local body an

      Is there any judgement regarding disconnection of EB connection of a tenent whose license is cancelled by local body or panchayat and in a building which is colloapsed. Misuse of eb connection a co...

      By Ramachandran Sridhar Alias Krishnan

      The Government through the legal system has empowered women backed by commissions and other SPVs specifically created for the purpose.However law alone can not empower women and empowered women mus...

      By Prasanta Misra
    • Genuine Lawyers and fake

      An Advocate ( I dont want to name) has sent me a notice submitting some false information regarding the ownership of the property from his client and threatening that he will take legal action aga...

      By Ramachandran Sridharakrishnan
    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
    • Settlement of claim

      Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination.

      By Koiredla Chandrarao
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)