To discontinue the course the university demands the entire fee

I request to the members of the circle to suggest the ways and means to resolve the issue.

My son was admitted in to the BDS course during 2014-15 academic year, at Annamalai University, which is a state sponsored university of Tamil Nadu. The university stated in the prospectus that the course is conducted on the basis of self-supporting without any grant from the government.

In this academic year 2015-16 my son was allowed to participate in the admission for M.B.B.S., course at the same university and got selected for the same and paid the fee also.

Now the university demand to pay the entire remaining course fee of Rs.9,60,000/- in addition to penalty of Rs.5,00,000/- to get the transfer of certificates.

I already paid the tuition fee for M.B.B.S., course fee of Rs.5,54,300/-.
Failing to pay the amount 14,60,000/-, the university says that the certificates and the transfer will not be effected mentioning the clauses of the prospectus and the bond.

The status of my son is in Joe- paradise affecting his educational career. more  

View all 28 comments Below 28 comments
I am giving below a link of an order of NCDRC which address more or less the similar situation. However riding effect would be whether the seat vacated remain vacant or filled up for the batch in subsequent years. more  
Read the terms and conditions in the prospectus carefully. Is there any condition like that? Apart from that, has your son signed any Agreement/ acceptance letter? In the absence of any such thing, you can approach the court after getting their demand in writing. more  
Go to the court of Law and plead on the merits of the case.
Meanwhile continue with MBBS course.
Once the case is in court both other parties will not come in your son way to study.
Our country is Governed on this basis only. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
    • Settlement of claim

      Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination.

      By Koiredla Chandrarao
    • 4 crore personnel loan

      We have total 4 crore personnel loan out of 5 crore loan. One of my partner cheated us in Mining business. He mis utilized entire fund and project fake orders he created. We

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Advocate help required

      Advocate help required for our odisha mining related fraud and document forgery from our partner. 1. Till now ~5cr amount transfered to his account for handling the project and office expe...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Adoption

      One of my friends wants to adopt a female baby ( a month old) . She is the daughter of his own brother and there is mutual consent. please let me know the procedures to be followed to make it legal...

      By N.Mohan Mohan
    • Pyramid Scheme from Osmose Technology Pvt Ltd

      I would like to know if it’s legal in India to run a Pyramid or Multi-level marketing scheme and if it’s safe for people to join as member. Particularly I would like to know...

      By Rajeev Rumale
    • Case against Medical Health insurance

      Want to file a case against Max Bupa Health Insurance company. Needs a competent professional, advocate or some Insurance law expert. Any one can advise ??

    • Maruti True Value - Total loss car sale

      I have bought other brand car (Honda Jazz) from Maruti True Value located @ Paruthipattu. They ensure the vehicle is not meet in accident and flood affected. While booking I agreed them to do name ...

      By Prabagaran Sekar
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)