Super area increased without increase in Carpet Area in 2011. Can it be claimed back now ?

I had booked one flat in Noida Extension in 2010. But the builder increased the super area by 10% without any increase in the carpet area by informing that the new layout would be better than the old. Builder also got one consent letter signed in 2011. Later on, I came to know that the builder infact has increased the height of the towers and added few more towers to built more flats.

Can I claim this 10% additional charged by the builder in 2011. What is the legal remedy?. The project is not completed so far. Some 30 odd people are also with me and interested for legal action, if available. more  

View all 9 comments Below 9 comments
Mr. Sanjay Aggarwal, you can make a complaint to the Competition Commission of India to get your complaint redressed. However, you may give a Notice to the Builder Before filing your complaint to the Builder. more  
Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion. more  
Yes you can seek remedy in consumer court as well as can file a suit for injunction in civil court. However the drafting of the petition will be main concern, as how your lawyer is going to make out a case and present the same as there is a thin line where you have given a consent for the same. more  
Hello Mr. Sanjay, Which builder it is? please tell me the name as I am also planning to invest in the Noida Ext. so that I would not get trapped into hands of such builder. more  
Dear Sir, Thanks a lot for your comments. Probably I could not place my case correctly. Actually, Builder booked the flat on a unapproved plan but later on revised the plan at the time of approval from authority to accommodate more flats to mint more money. At the same time, he told to the existing buyers that there is a change in layout plan and as a result your super area has been increased to take more money for the flat already booked. But there was no increase in the carpet area. Although new layout was shared, but it was not shared that the new plan have more number of flats on the same land. Which was known at later stage. I was looking for suggestion, can my group consisting of 30 odd buyers seek legal remedy for 10% extra charged by hiding the facts? Is there any limitation to file suit, since it pertains to March-2011? Which court is appropriate? more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Motor Insurance Renewal w/o my knowledge by new owner under my name

      I sold my car in Jan 2017 to a dealership in Noida Sector-8 for an exchange value when buying a new vehicle. After 2.9 years of this transaction, I received a motor insurance certificate at my addr...

      By Akhil P Walia


      By Pratik Shah
    • Need help/Suggestion

      I am buying a running restaurant from individual. Paying him a heavy refundable deposit and also a small amount every month as royalty for the business. Shop owner is different with whom I will do ...

      By Ashutosh Jajodia
    • Consumer protection

      Rs. 875/- paid to for Airtel postpaid bill on 08th sept.2019 has not been credited by Biller resulting in default requiring another payment if Rs.875/- ?? Amazon need to compensate ...

      By Surrender Singal
    • Advocate help required in NCDRC against builder jaypee.

      Advocate required for fighting case in NCDRC against jaypee builder on behalf of association for a very clear case of deficiency in service and extortion in the name of maintenance charges. We have...

      By Pravesh Saini
    • Re registration of 15+ years old vehicles

      What is the legal position on re registration of more than 15 years old vehicles. Is it compulsory to re register the vehicle after 15 years in case there is no plan to use it? If the veh...

      By Mustafa P V
    • Legal Advice on Property BuyBack Agreement & Mou

      Hi, Would anyone here will be able to help with the draft or guidance on property buyback agreement & mou offered by a real estate developer to an investor. Thanks

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Advice needed

      There is one apartment having 5 flat owners . Out of 5 , three flat owners have occupied their flats . Recently , One flat owner on first floor might have given his flat on Rent to three boys as th...

      By Mahen Patle
    • Section IIC in supreme court of India

      Respected members, i have made a complaint to Supreme Court of India and this complaint is forwarded to section IIC. Can anybody explain the meaning of forward complaint to section IIC. W...

      By Iqbal Singh
    • How can I get judgement date from CDRF Shalimar Bagh.

      Plzz suggest me that what is to be done to get judgement from CDRF, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi as after submitting written arguments in January 2017, I am getting only date and dates for oral arguments....

    • Delhi school admission for 11th grade for a student passed 10th in open schooling

      Dear friends, Wanted to check whether a person who passed 10th grade through open schooling system can take the regular schooling admission for 11th in delhi government school. 2. If a person...

      By Anuradha Bhatta
Share To
Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)