Should lockdown be extended in Tamil Nadu ?
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister has been honest enough to admit that the end of carona is in the hands of God, implying that the government has run out of ideas. One cannot blame Tamil Nadu Chief Minister, as he has done his level best so far within his limitations.
The question is should the lockdown be continued .
The side effects of lockdown has reached alarming proportion , as poor and downtrodden people and wage earners are put to enormous sufferings and the economy is rapidly declining.
Under the circumstances, following suggestions can be considered by Tamil Nadu government.
1. Implement lockdown between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
2. Let theatres, places of worship, beach, parks, public gatherings continue to remain closed for one more month.
3. Allow all economic activities to take place , insisting that the social distancing must be maintained.
4. Government's methods to compel the people to have social distancing is not working in full measure. Therefore, transfer the responsibility for observing social distancing to the society.
5 Those who violate the guidelines would be viewed as anti socials and causing harm to the health of fellow citizens. People are now aware of the danger of carona and would certainly start demanding that everyone should observe the guidelines for the safety fo the people.
6. Probably, social pressure will be more effective than police pressure.
7. Economy is equally important and the livelihood of people are equally paramount. Now, we seem to have reached a stage where we have to live with carona observing all safety measures , for the sake of livelihood.
Nandini Voice for the Deprived
What is the remedy left? Open every thing and leave it to self discipline and control. Enforce accountability and ensure that the Officers responsible for Quarantine camps are made to live there so that the living poor public gets water and sanitation in a comfortable level. Permit the Food trolleys and also hotels to function. Ask them to be strict on hygiene and sanitation.Do not waste money on Public spraying of Chemicals. It has no use and they are too much diluted.Stop Ministers to get Photoshop of meetings and Public addressing to get name and fame. The media should be careful in highlighting these things .Within a fortnight things will come down and the public will get reprieve. more
The people of Tamilnadu were always lax on the norms tough the administration was imposing the decipline . But administration failed to plan & control the crowd on days when the days when curbs were relaxed. Like when TASMAC shops were opened , new vegetable distribution points opened.
Now the T.N. has increased the number of testing per day . At present they are doing 32,000 per day . T.N. was doing high Testing from the begining at 10,000 per day .Then when they increased to 20,000 / day cases shot up to 2,000 / day. I feel it is good that they do identify in a fast rate , start the therapy early to make the patients recover soon . Th e recovery % is far higher than the other states exept Kerala .
There are another 3 days let us see the trend of new cases then may be decide. But the authorities should give a gap of 2 days if Lock down is to take place to contain the increase. more