Settlement of claim

Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination. more  

View all 9 comments Below 9 comments
Simply approach the concerned branch. All Legal heirs of your father will move a joint application, authrising one of them to receive the money. Money will be credited in the account of that authorised person. Bank will inform you about the documents which must be filed along with the application. All the best. more  
Thanks a lot. more  
Death cert of father, succession cert, affidavit from all of us that we have no objections to money being given to our brother and we nominate him to receive on our behalf. Some bank form was also filled. The pnb officer also asked for bribe for which i being from military gave him a piece of my mind then subsequently my younger brother dealt with whole subject. In case of Our mothers acct we just left it as there were few thousands and not worth the effort. The acct was existing for ten years and probably even now. They didn't give the money to my father despite application and acct in same branch, father being extremely aged and unable to move didn't pursue . The bank staff can be very harassing and think as if they are giving from their pocket. Complain to branch manager if his officer unnecessarily delays. Usually br managers are sincere officers. more  
Please obtain from the Bank prescribed application form for heirs to claim the money in the deceased account which has several forms attached to be completed along with requisite documents, ID, address proof etc. The full details may be obtained from the concerned officer dealing with claim accounts so that all the formalities are completed at one go. In most cases upto a certain amount no succession certificate is required. This amount differs from bank to bank. More clarity can be had from concerned branch as everything depends on the man dealing with the matter. more  
Better you approach the bank branch where amount is lying and ask the branch manager for various formalities to claim amount. more  
If the amount involved is small and the claimant is good enough for the amount, the Bank may settle the claim after obtaining a stamped Indemnity and a Surety good enough for the amount. Otherwise the Bank may insist on (a) the Will, if in existence, being probated or proved to be legally valid and enforceable or, (b) if no will is in existence and the succession is intestate (i.e., without a Will in existence and relied upon), a Succession Certificate issued by a competent Court of Law more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts


      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

    • Disconnection of EB connection - to those Tenets whose license is cancelled by local body an

      Is there any judgement regarding disconnection of EB connection of a tenent whose license is cancelled by local body or panchayat and in a building which is colloapsed. Misuse of eb connection a co...

      By Ramachandran Sridhar Alias Krishnan

      The Government through the legal system has empowered women backed by commissions and other SPVs specifically created for the purpose.However law alone can not empower women and empowered women mus...

      By Prasanta Misra
    • Genuine Lawyers and fake

      An Advocate ( I dont want to name) has sent me a notice submitting some false information regarding the ownership of the property from his client and threatening that he will take legal action aga...

      By Ramachandran Sridharakrishnan
    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)