What precautions are advised for me at the time of selling my old vehicle?. It appears that name change with RTO takes a longer time and in the meanwhile should there be a misuse of the vehicle. What safeguards I can obtain from the buyer?. I shall be grateful to get some advice on this. more  

View all 12 comments Below 12 comments
After sale & delivery of the old vehicle, please write a letter to your police station by registered post with A/D, with copy to RTO, that on date you have sold the vehicle to so & so with name & address with copy of form 29/30. This will help you any eventuality of crimes, accident, irregularity & insurance etc. committed by the new owner and feel relaxed in all future days. more  
1. Prepare a delivery challan clearly mentioning the date, day, time and place of the physical handover of the vehicle with witnesses. 2. Enter into an Indemnity agreement with the buyer specifying that he will indemnify you in the event of any liability arising from the use of the vehicle which you have sold to him and which is not yet endorsed in the RTO records.3. Collect the Adhaar card, Voter ID PAn and other details of the transferee. more  
Dear Sir, First of all you prepare a sheet Titled: Notice of Change of Ownership of a Motor Vehicle.
Then Clearly Mention all the details of seller first, Then the details of vehicle which are clearly mentioned on RC and in last Clearly mention all the details of Buyer, along with the signatures of both buyer and seller at the bottom of the page. Now it can be very easily you can check online whether you have any challan pending on that particular said vehicle if had you clear it first and if not then take a print of that and attach with this agreement. Prepare this in duplicate and handover a copy to buyer. And, most important thing you must collect the self attested documents from buyer i.e. Adhaar, Passport ID or Voter ID, Pan, current passport size photo and a cancelled cheque of his any account.
After all these formalities, Kindly handover the Original RC, Pollution and Insurance to buyer along with the photocopy of Car's Invoice. Original Invoice is not necessary to give him and actually you may need later if required. Thanks... more  
Please follow the P.K.Bansal directions so you will be freed from all sorts of problems. more  
Make an agreement with the buyer on appropriate stamp paper. mention the date and time of handing over of vehicle with clear phrase that all the responsibilities regarding vehicle before this time are yours and after this time are of purchase. IN the set of transfer forms is one form which should be filled and sent to RTO from your sdie to intimate that you have sold this vehicle to Buyer. Sent this form by Registered A. D. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Motor Insurance Renewal w/o my knowledge by new owner under my name

      I sold my car in Jan 2017 to a dealership in Noida Sector-8 for an exchange value when buying a new vehicle. After 2.9 years of this transaction, I received a motor insurance certificate at my addr...

      By Akhil P Walia
    • Need help/Suggestion

      I am buying a running restaurant from individual. Paying him a heavy refundable deposit and also a small amount every month as royalty for the business. Shop owner is different with whom I will do ...

      By Ashutosh Jajodia
    • Consumer protection

      Rs. 875/- paid to for Airtel postpaid bill on 08th sept.2019 has not been credited by Biller resulting in default requiring another payment if Rs.875/- ?? Amazon need to compensate ...

      By Surrender Singal
    • Advocate help required in NCDRC against builder jaypee.

      Advocate required for fighting case in NCDRC against jaypee builder on behalf of association for a very clear case of deficiency in service and extortion in the name of maintenance charges. We have...

      By Pravesh Saini
    • Re registration of 15+ years old vehicles

      What is the legal position on re registration of more than 15 years old vehicles. Is it compulsory to re register the vehicle after 15 years in case there is no plan to use it? If the veh...

      By Mustafa P V
    • Legal Advice on Property BuyBack Agreement & Mou

      Hi, Would anyone here will be able to help with the draft or guidance on property buyback agreement & mou offered by a real estate developer to an investor. Thanks

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Advice needed

      There is one apartment having 5 flat owners . Out of 5 , three flat owners have occupied their flats . Recently , One flat owner on first floor might have given his flat on Rent to three boys as th...

      By Mahen Patle
    • Section IIC in supreme court of India

      Respected members, i have made a complaint to Supreme Court of India and this complaint is forwarded to section IIC. Can anybody explain the meaning of forward complaint to section IIC. W...

      By Iqbal Singh
    • How can I get judgement date from CDRF Shalimar Bagh.

      Plzz suggest me that what is to be done to get judgement from CDRF, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi as after submitting written arguments in January 2017, I am getting only date and dates for oral arguments....

    • Delhi school admission for 11th grade for a student passed 10th in open schooling

      Dear friends, Wanted to check whether a person who passed 10th grade through open schooling system can take the regular schooling admission for 11th in delhi government school. 2. If a person...

      By Anuradha Bhatta
Share To
Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)