Section 197 Cr.P.C public servant seeking protecti

Can a Public Servant charged with Offences Punishable Under Section 323 IPC seek protection under Section 197 Cr.P.C

This is very important, I was assaulted by a Public Servant in his chambers, while his peons held me. I received injuries on my throat, chest and neck. Was taken to the General Hospital by the Police. A Medico Legal Case was registered. A Police Complaint was filed and a FIR registered against the Public servant for Offence U/s.324. Charge sheet submitted and Offence changed from 324 to 323.
The accused Public servant, files a 482 Petition seeking qashing of the case.

Your help with citations more particular with "Sanction not required to prosecute a Public Servant for Offence under Section 323" would be much appreciated.

The Other fact is that this matter took place in 2011, charge sheet was filed in 2011, court took cognizance in 2011 and converted the FIR into a Calendar Case in 2011. Since 2011, Magistrates have been changing, or have not been given charge of this court hence the delay.

There is a also a Crl.M.P Pending filed under section 210 Cr.P.C more  

View all 32 comments Below 32 comments
..................................... Kanaklata would like to stay in touch on LinkedIn. Kanaklata Mishra Gynaecologist at Govt. of India Sirohi Area, India View profile Confirm that you know Kanaklata ..................................... Unsubscribe: Help: You are receiving Invitation emails. LinkedIn will use your email address to make suggestions to our members in features like People You May Know. This email was sent to © 2018 LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2. LinkedIn is a registered business name of LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company. LinkedIn and the LinkedIn logo are registered trademarks of LinkedIn. more  
Om Answer to Smt. L.Kalavathi. For definition of 'Assault' please vide Sec-351 of the Indian Penal Code,1860(IPC) Conditions for operation of Sec-197 Cr.P.C--Before invoking the section two conditions must be satisfied:that "(1) the public servant is removable from office either by the Union Govt. or a State Govt. and not by any lower authority; and (2) he is accused of an offence alleged to have been committed while acting or purporting to act in the discharge of his official duty.[ 52 Cal WN 18] Offence by public servant while discharging duty.-What offences can be held to have been committed by a public servant while acting or purporting to act in the discharge of his official duties is a vexed question which has often troubled various Courts including Apex Court.It has been indicated in various decisions of Apex Court that the alleged action constituting the offence said to have been committed by the public servant must have a reasonable and rational nexus with the official duties required to be discharged by such public servant.[Gauri Shankar Prasad v.State of Bihar,AIR 2000 SC 3517:2000Cr.L.J4031]. more  
Question for Shri Tapan Maiti: Does this apply to verbal assault or only physical assault. Isn't it time that the authorities expanded the application to the heckling of Ministers preventing them from executing their responsibilites to the public? Regards, L.Kalavathi Retd. Bank Official, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India 7th December, 2016 more  
Gentle Men and lady members of this circle, I am of the opinion when someone seeks help in this Circle with regards to legal matters, I feel members with knowledge of law should while extending their help and while extending opinions based on the vast knowledge acquired by them over a period of time should also suggest case citations as the one done by Honorable Judge(Retd)Tapan Maiti. The Citations would help the person who is seeking help to understand his case in a better manner and could find ways and means of using the information extended by the member to his advantage of wining his or her case. I hope you will agree with me. Thank you more  
Sir I am grateful to you Sir for the Case referred, it is very kind of you and I shall refer to this Judgment in my case. Once again Thank you very much Sir, Your help is much appreciated. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Aadhar Card

      I shifted my house from one area to another in same city. i.e from sector 53 to Sect 42 in Gurgaon . I am unable to change new address on aadhar card as Govt wants me to produce address proof. To ...

      By Rajeev Bhargava
    • Can a Co-owner as wife make a Trust deed ?

      Sale deed has 2 names-Husband & Wife. Husband is living separately in another home and wife was earning to buy flat,( Husband had No source of income) Wife is paying for maintainance...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Refund rule against downgrading to 3ed A.C from 2nd A. C.

      For travel on 2th April 2022 from Thane to Bydur ( Mookambika Road), on konkan Railway.the ticket booked on line through IRCTC. For difference fare, ZTTE issued a certificate. PNR no.8449078066.

    • MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      By Bookmy Kumar
    • OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538

      OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳 OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳

      By Raju Kumar
    • ancestral property rights

      Dear Members We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can c...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • CITY Governance Charges (CGC) on Carpet Area Basis?

      In a mega township project where one of the reputed builder charging CITY Governance Charges (CGC) based on per sq ft basis. It's nothing to do with building common area maintenance charges which i...

      By Mahesh Bhutkar
    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)