Sec 138.

What is existing sec 138 for bouncing cheques? This section is always changes. Hence if a cheque is bounced, where the case can b admitted? Is there time.limit for police to act? more  

View all 16 comments Below 16 comments
Police does not have any roll as the very complaint is required to be filed in the Court of Law. Except the Summons & Warrants issued by the Court, which are required to be executed - police does not have any roll to play.
As mentioned earlier 30 days from the date of Bounce of Cheque intimation and 15 days thereinafter for NOTICE demanding the payment from the Party is the limitation.

Noteworthy to note delay in above attract the "Delay Condonation" Process and without the delay condonation case will not get filed. more  
The time limit for filing a case under Section 138, NI Act is one month immediately following the day on which the period of 15 days from the date of the receipt of the legal notice expires. ... more  
No, time limit for police....... more  
Yes. There are specific rulling about the procedure to be eadopted i.e.

After Bouncing the ch. within 30 days NOTICE to be served on Issuer seeking the payments within 15 days frm the date of "Service" of the NOTICE.

Pl. be noted the Notice served on defaulter and Not the posting itself. THE RPAD receipt to the effect is very important.

If the defaulter pays &/or responded - well and good, else case to be filed either in the court where the Bank in which the cheque got bounced Or Bank where it was Issued.

Bounced cheque, Bank (CH. Return Memo), Notice served proof (Postal Receipt and Acknowledgement Receipt - even it is NOT accepted by the Addressee) are very imortant documents.

Once the case got admitted based on above documents the further course of summons, warrants etc folloes. more  
For ch. bounce case you have to proceed only legal. First you have to send the legal notice through a lawyer with in 30 days from the date of the debit in your account. second from the date of the notice 15 days normal time for the defaulter to reply back. if you received the reply you are the better judge to decide if not you have to proceed with legal through your lawyer. regular proceedings. the present set up the defaulter has to pay 20% of the amount in to the court at the time of attending the first hearing. once the award passed the 20% will be given to the winner.further you need any details pls call 9381068478. Pls sms before you call since my phone in DND activated. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Motor Insurance Renewal w/o my knowledge by new owner under my name

      I sold my car in Jan 2017 to a dealership in Noida Sector-8 for an exchange value when buying a new vehicle. After 2.9 years of this transaction, I received a motor insurance certificate at my addr...

      By Akhil P Walia


      By Pratik Shah
    • Need help/Suggestion

      I am buying a running restaurant from individual. Paying him a heavy refundable deposit and also a small amount every month as royalty for the business. Shop owner is different with whom I will do ...

      By Ashutosh Jajodia
    • Consumer protection

      Rs. 875/- paid to for Airtel postpaid bill on 08th sept.2019 has not been credited by Biller resulting in default requiring another payment if Rs.875/- ?? Amazon need to compensate ...

      By Surrender Singal
    • Advocate help required in NCDRC against builder jaypee.

      Advocate required for fighting case in NCDRC against jaypee builder on behalf of association for a very clear case of deficiency in service and extortion in the name of maintenance charges. We have...

      By Pravesh Saini
    • Re registration of 15+ years old vehicles

      What is the legal position on re registration of more than 15 years old vehicles. Is it compulsory to re register the vehicle after 15 years in case there is no plan to use it? If the veh...

      By Mustafa P V
    • Legal Advice on Property BuyBack Agreement & Mou

      Hi, Would anyone here will be able to help with the draft or guidance on property buyback agreement & mou offered by a real estate developer to an investor. Thanks

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Advice needed

      There is one apartment having 5 flat owners . Out of 5 , three flat owners have occupied their flats . Recently , One flat owner on first floor might have given his flat on Rent to three boys as th...

      By Mahen Patle
    • Section IIC in supreme court of India

      Respected members, i have made a complaint to Supreme Court of India and this complaint is forwarded to section IIC. Can anybody explain the meaning of forward complaint to section IIC. W...

      By Iqbal Singh
    • How can I get judgement date from CDRF Shalimar Bagh.

      Plzz suggest me that what is to be done to get judgement from CDRF, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi as after submitting written arguments in January 2017, I am getting only date and dates for oral arguments....

    • Delhi school admission for 11th grade for a student passed 10th in open schooling

      Dear friends, Wanted to check whether a person who passed 10th grade through open schooling system can take the regular schooling admission for 11th in delhi government school. 2. If a person...

      By Anuradha Bhatta
Share To
Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)