Sanction for Prosecution refused by Appointing authority U/s.197 Cr.P.C & Sec.19 PC Act

Dear Learned Members, I am a Social Activist and have been contesting criminal cases against corrupt public servants in criminal courts. I recently with the help of RTI gathered information which beyond any reasonable doubts establishes the fact that the Public servants involved have altered "Rates of Civil Works prepared by the Chief Engineer PWD of some specific works and while preparing the Estimates for the said works mentioned rates which are not a part of the rates prepared by the Chief Engineer, and are rates much higher than the rates supposed to have been mentioned or quoted while preparing the estimates". The rates mentioned in the estimate are rates over and above the rates prescribed by the Chief Engineer, which have caused sizeable loss of Public Money.
While seeking sanction for prosecution evidence or proof of corrupt activities have to be extended to the appointing authority for the appointing authority so that the appointing authority can apply its mind and conclude if sanction should be given or denied.
But in my case the appointing authority (a) has denied me the sanction (b) and has utilized the information to guide or correct the corrupt Public servants who have committed the corrupt act by quoting rates higher than the rates prescribed by Chief Engineer.
In such a event can I still file a Criminal case in the concerned courts u/s.466, 420 etc without a sanction. As forgery is not any part of a Public Servants duty and can not be said to have been done while discharging his official duties.

Your help will be much appreciated. than you more  

View all 10 comments Below 10 comments
Almost all Dept and it’s one or the Other TOP BRASS is Convicted &/Or charged with grievous charges & Disproportionate Properties & Gratifications, abuse of power and Authorities.

Lack of Accountability & Responsibility are the foremost reasons - apart from Blanket coverage & Protection for "ON DUTY" acts and activities.

Furthermore, the condition of "prior sanction" - which itself is bias & partial - the Authority entrusted to give these permission is ALSO entrusted with same hierarchy.

Today, it is well evident that flow of “CURRUPTION” flows right from top to bottom OR BOTTOM to TOP, whether it is Banks & Financial Institutions and /or Govt. Depts.

When the Higher Authorities are involved – how can one expect to receive the required sanction from the said Authorities.

A simple Example is the Unauthorised Construction wherein a single District is having 76000 Buildings which are illegal".

Instead of taking any action the Authorities are windowdressing by Buldozing the Hutments and Publishing the PHOTOS in news paper to establish that they are NOT COURRUPT as if these Buildings come-up within a day and all are NOT KNOWN to the Authorities. more  
Dear Mr.Uday GB, you have summed up the entire matter of corruption and its never ending growth either from bottom or top as a famous artist does with his paintings, expression in its best form.
Section 19 of the PC Act and Section 197 of Cr.P.C work as deterrents against the fight for corruption, to add to these the Government has added one more section in the PC Act i.e Section 17 A of the PC Act 17A. (1) No police officer shall conduct any enquiry or inquiry or investigation into any offence alleged to have been committed by a public servant under this Act, where the alleged offence is relatable to any recommendation made or decision taken by such public servant in discharge of his official functions or duties,without the previous approval—(a) in the case of a person who is or was employed, at the time when the offence was alleged to have been committed, in connection with the affairs of the Union, of that Government;(b) in the case of a person who is or was employed, at the time when the offence was alleged to have been committed, in connection with the affairs of a State, of that Government;
Now this is very interesting as I had made a complaint to the CBI, complaint supported by documentary evidence of corrupt practices. No FIR was issued, when contacted to find the status was told that as per the requirements of Section 17A, the entire complaint has been forwarded to the Appointing Authority/Competent Authority for sanction.
Well once again the ball comes back into the Court of the Appointing Authority in my case the person who is helping the Corrupt subordinates.
Can I see a Sanction from the Appointing Authority, not now or in the distant future.
So I have decided to file a Private Criminal Complaint on the Corrupt Public Servants in the Magistrates court who has jurisdiction to try this case only under the IPC and not PC Act.
Will Keep fighting till I can. more  
From [give full postal address]
The State Public Information Officer
[write proper address ]

` (1) Full name of the applicant [ write name].
(2) Address [ Full address with pin code & phone number]
(3) Particulars of information required (Specify the category of subject also):
TOPIC [explain subject as given in the petition ]
Please. provide me certified copy of the records of day to day progress made on my petition mentioned above. Dated …..[give date]
i) Copy of the page of inward register of your office showing the date of receipt of the petiton as above
ii) Copy of the petition I submitted on …[give date] where the officer concerned marked the petition to the concerned officer/ official
iii) Direction/ remark/ order by the officer concerned indicating name and designation of officials/ officers to whom the letter was marked for action.
iv) A copy of the documents/ letters and file note (noting on file) where proposal (s) for the action to be taken was given.
v) Inform the name and designation of the office and the officer who handled complaint
vi) Provide the copy of the pages of office file containing records of inquiry made and reports/ facts gathered, correspondence made (if any) through which the petition was dealt
vii) Provide certified copy of the note sheet and the proposal leading to final decision made

(4) Year to which the information pertains : 2003-2018
(5) Other relevant reference, if any :

Date. Applicant’s Signature
Court fee stamp for Rs 10/- attached
[send this RTI application by speed post attaching a POD card (proof of delivery card). This card is available in post office. While sending the speed post add your cell number so that your get information on the delivery of the letter on your phone] more  
The Chief Engineer of the department prepares Schedule of Rates on a certain time. With the passage of time, market rates fluctuate. Accordingly the estimates are made on higher or lower side. It is natural recourse of working. But if the variation is quite high from the SOR or the present market, then you should proceed further. more  
There are number of other authorities to take to the task to such corruption, out of them I remember is the CAG controlling such govt. offices for taking action on such mischief.Even higher authorities(chain) are bound to take suitable action on such offenders. more  
I think you can appeal to the next higher authority in the hierarchy and if you don't get a favorable decision, you may approach the jurisdictional HC with a writ of mandamus. The HC will issue one, if your claim is reasonable and unbiased. Good luck. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Motor Insurance Renewal w/o my knowledge by new owner under my name

      I sold my car in Jan 2017 to a dealership in Noida Sector-8 for an exchange value when buying a new vehicle. After 2.9 years of this transaction, I received a motor insurance certificate at my addr...

      By Akhil P Walia
    • Need help/Suggestion

      I am buying a running restaurant from individual. Paying him a heavy refundable deposit and also a small amount every month as royalty for the business. Shop owner is different with whom I will do ...

      By Ashutosh Jajodia
    • Consumer protection

      Rs. 875/- paid to for Airtel postpaid bill on 08th sept.2019 has not been credited by Biller resulting in default requiring another payment if Rs.875/- ?? Amazon need to compensate ...

      By Surrender Singal
    • Advocate help required in NCDRC against builder jaypee.

      Advocate required for fighting case in NCDRC against jaypee builder on behalf of association for a very clear case of deficiency in service and extortion in the name of maintenance charges. We have...

      By Pravesh Saini
    • Re registration of 15+ years old vehicles

      What is the legal position on re registration of more than 15 years old vehicles. Is it compulsory to re register the vehicle after 15 years in case there is no plan to use it? If the veh...

      By Mustafa P V
    • Legal Advice on Property BuyBack Agreement & Mou

      Hi, Would anyone here will be able to help with the draft or guidance on property buyback agreement & mou offered by a real estate developer to an investor. Thanks

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Advice needed

      There is one apartment having 5 flat owners . Out of 5 , three flat owners have occupied their flats . Recently , One flat owner on first floor might have given his flat on Rent to three boys as th...

      By Mahen Patle
    • Section IIC in supreme court of India

      Respected members, i have made a complaint to Supreme Court of India and this complaint is forwarded to section IIC. Can anybody explain the meaning of forward complaint to section IIC. W...

      By Iqbal Singh
    • How can I get judgement date from CDRF Shalimar Bagh.

      Plzz suggest me that what is to be done to get judgement from CDRF, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi as after submitting written arguments in January 2017, I am getting only date and dates for oral arguments....

    • Delhi school admission for 11th grade for a student passed 10th in open schooling

      Dear friends, Wanted to check whether a person who passed 10th grade through open schooling system can take the regular schooling admission for 11th in delhi government school. 2. If a person...

      By Anuradha Bhatta

      What precautions are advised for me at the time of selling my old vehicle?. It appears that name change with RTO takes a longer time and in the meanwhile should there be a misuse of the vehicle. Wh...

Share To
Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)