Registration of rent agreement

Looking for an expert opinion on -
1) What is the legal requirement for registering a rental lease agreement of 11 months in Noida/UP?
2) Stamp duty and Registration fee are 2 components and which one is mandatory if registration is optional for 11 months lease? more  

View all 9 comments Below 9 comments
Thanks a lot all for the replies and valuable insights in the legal situations. I guess in Noida, the stamp duty and registration fee in UP is each 2% totaling 4%. Is there any link to UP govt for details on this matter? more  
Now according to S.C orders, rental agreement for 11 months also are to be compulsorily registered. For registration of the Rental agreement both the stamp duty as well as registration fee are mandatory. If the rental agreement is not registered by the tenant, and if dispute arises among the owner and tenant, the Court fee if case is filed before the Court for vacating the premises, is ten times the stamp duty mentioned above. Stamp duty is 1% on annual average rent which includes security deposit which is paid as advance on the annual average rent and 0.50% is the registration fee. This is followed throughout India. Please therefore register the Rental agreement to be legally safe. ______________ -Dr. A. S. Kodanda Pani, Urban Planner & Civic Analyst more  
It is always better to Register the Lease Agreement, it will stand a strong document in Land/Flat owner favor in court, in case of non-vacation of property or other property dispute. Notary documents on Rs.500/- Stamp paper will not stand as strong as Registered document. In Maharashtra such lease agreement can be Registered on line such facility might be available in Delhi. Forwarding a link of Maharashtra Govt. this will help to adopt correct procedure for registration and related legal information. Other legal sites will provide the model Lease Agreement.The link is more  
It s very important to register your L&L agreement to safeguard your flat. It costs about 3-4000 for the same which is shared between both the parties. In case of any problems a registered document will be very handy. Also the licensee will not try to do anything wrong knowing that the document is registered and he would be in a very weak position legally. Police clearance for the licensee is required. In case of any theft or untoward incident this is the first thing the police will demand. Spending a paltry sum to safeguard your property is not worth avoiding. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Aadhar Card

      I shifted my house from one area to another in same city. i.e from sector 53 to Sect 42 in Gurgaon . I am unable to change new address on aadhar card as Govt wants me to produce address proof. To ...

      By Rajeev Bhargava
    • Can a Co-owner as wife make a Trust deed ?

      Sale deed has 2 names-Husband & Wife. Husband is living separately in another home and wife was earning to buy flat,( Husband had No source of income) Wife is paying for maintainance...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Refund rule against downgrading to 3ed A.C from 2nd A. C.

      For travel on 2th April 2022 from Thane to Bydur ( Mookambika Road), on konkan Railway.the ticket booked on line through IRCTC. For difference fare, ZTTE issued a certificate. PNR no.8449078066.

    • MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      By Bookmy Kumar
    • OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538

      OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳 OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳

      By Raju Kumar
    • ancestral property rights

      Dear Members We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can c...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • CITY Governance Charges (CGC) on Carpet Area Basis?

      In a mega township project where one of the reputed builder charging CITY Governance Charges (CGC) based on per sq ft basis. It's nothing to do with building common area maintenance charges which i...

      By Mahesh Bhutkar
    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)