Paying a price for renting out flat

I have a flat in Ahmedabad(Gujarat) which is in joint name of myself and my wife. We purchased it with our hard earned money, loans from family and from ICICI Bank. I was able to enjoy living in the flat for just a few years and then was transfered to Chennai and from there I came down to Delhi and am anchored here since 2004. My wife also took a transfer in 2005 and joined me. A near fatal road accident to my wife had us occupied for more than a year and the flat in meantime was in disuse. When I made the trip in latter half of 2006 & saw it covered with pegion excreta, I thought of giving it on rental to a family who could take care and maintain it. I gave it to a big joint family who came with folded hands as their accomodation was proving smaller for them. I made a 11 month agreement and gave it on rent.Right from first month the tenant defaulted in paying rentals anytime of his choice . After 11 months he pleaded for renewal and since money was not a consideration, I sent him a renewal photocopy of a new agreement as he wanted the same for opening of bank account for his son. After this the gentleman showed his true colors. Whenever I used to visit Ahmedabad taking leave and informing in advance, he would play truant and his family would inform me that he had to urgently leave town and would be away for a week or ten days. After 4 such blank visits, I turned up unannounced at his work place and caught up with him. I asked him to vacate and he pleaded for some time as his son was having board exams, he continued to live without signing the extention of agreement and when we pressed him, he went to court with a charge against me for 75K for making him spend to renovate the broken home and now trying to evict him by force. The Legal machinery is also siding with him as he is a local and I am a south indian residing in Delhi. The Lawyers ( 3 of them ) turned out to be liars, taking money from me and not doing anything and not even representing me on hearings. Added to this an FCJM who saw me appear on each hearing date for a year, in just one hearing where the tenant was served a summons for final appearance sent a lawyer who said something in the Judge's ear and in next date the judge asked the two lawyers to argue the case and my lawyer did not take up argument but contended saying he has put everything in written form. The Judge then gave a verdict in next date asking for status quo to be maintained till final disposal of the case. Unfortunately, my lawyer had conveyed to me that the Judge would give verdict in my favor if I agreed to give him 10% of market value of flat which I refused as I did not trust that judges could fall to this extent. But my experience in Ahmedabad Court convinces me that Law & Judiciary are equally corrupt. Any legal experts any guide me how to get money out of lawyers who are now playing truant and how to get posession of my flat? more  

View all 26 comments Below 26 comments
..................................... Kanaklata would like to stay in touch on LinkedIn. Kanaklata Mishra Gynaecologist at Govt. of India Sirohi Area, India View profile Confirm that you know Kanaklata ..................................... Unsubscribe: Help: You are receiving Invitation emails. LinkedIn will use your email address to make suggestions to our members in features like People You May Know. This email was sent to © 2018 LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2. LinkedIn is a registered business name of LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company. LinkedIn and the LinkedIn logo are registered trademarks of LinkedIn. more  
I agree with your final lines had approached as a research on how lawyers play around with client - 4 lawyers agree to take up a case I had build but when I asked them to share in mail and also questioned them face to face certain legal aspects they have disappeared - seems a degree in law and a good office (one of them met me at a bus stand restaurant) is all they seek - rest we citizens are taken for ride except those who have money to pay - imagine a lawyer asking me if I want to send a letter to one such person, the lawyer asked me to write what content they wanted and they would then type it on their letter head - the charges INR 4000 /- these lawyers are exceptions but are spoiling the profession (law). Sometimes I wonder can we except a change or keep dreaming for a change in law and order more  
Lawyers are normally crooks , i suggest write to board of ICICI and complain about their officers more  
But don't delay anymore. May prove fatal. more  
We can get successfully help you recover back your property. May get in touch with us if you feel like. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Aadhar Card

      I shifted my house from one area to another in same city. i.e from sector 53 to Sect 42 in Gurgaon . I am unable to change new address on aadhar card as Govt wants me to produce address proof. To ...

      By Rajeev Bhargava
    • Can a Co-owner as wife make a Trust deed ?

      Sale deed has 2 names-Husband & Wife. Husband is living separately in another home and wife was earning to buy flat,( Husband had No source of income) Wife is paying for maintainance...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Refund rule against downgrading to 3ed A.C from 2nd A. C.

      For travel on 2th April 2022 from Thane to Bydur ( Mookambika Road), on konkan Railway.the ticket booked on line through IRCTC. For difference fare, ZTTE issued a certificate. PNR no.8449078066.

    • MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      By Bookmy Kumar
    • OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538

      OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳 OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳

      By Raju Kumar
    • ancestral property rights

      Dear Members We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can c...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • CITY Governance Charges (CGC) on Carpet Area Basis?

      In a mega township project where one of the reputed builder charging CITY Governance Charges (CGC) based on per sq ft basis. It's nothing to do with building common area maintenance charges which i...

      By Mahesh Bhutkar
    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)