operations in E

My relative maintain one Eor S SB a/c with a local bank with his wife and daughter as survivors. He has expired recently. Is it possible for the survivors to add one more person as survivor after deleting the deceased person name by producing his death certificate more  

View all 18 comments Below 18 comments
It should be done at the request of the Major survivor. Let him/her approach the bank branch to get it done more  
Everyone have commented the way he/she felt like. It must be clarified by a bank official. E & S means operation of the bank account during living. After the death of either, the survivor can transact the account after submitting the death certificate. Thus it becomes a single operative account. Thereafter this account can be converted to a joint account with appropriate operating instructions. Banker may comment. more  
I a a retired bank official. The Banks instructions and law also are on same lines. more  
The understanding is perfectly in order. more  
Approx 4-5 months back one lady informed that a joint a/c with her husband, The bankers just deleted her husband's name after producing her husband's death certificate without effecting any further business. more  
The Bank'a action is not in order. Please ask the acount holder to take up the matter at higher levels in the Bank. more  
It is banking practice and rule that once if one of the account holders is died, the account has to be closed and the remaining amount is either to the paid to remaining survivor(s) or is to be transferred to new account to be opened. Deletion of change and addition of name, in case account holder's death is not possible due to IT Technology and its further repercussions. more  
Let us not blame technology. The technology should be according to law. But practical wisdom of the account holder might make him/her to act differently. Think of a EOR S account of a pensioner and family pensioner. In case of unfortunate death of pensioner, the family pension will continue to be credited to the same account. Therefore account should not be closed. Compulsory closure is against Law and Practice of Banking. more  
* https://www.amazon.com/s?k=The+Prime+Minister+and+His+Robot+Wife&i=stripbooks-intl-ship&ref=nb_sb_noss

*Click Above*

*Paperback at 50% Discount at Amazon.com*

*Receiving Good Reviews*

*India, Canada, USA figure in it*

* [image: The Prime Minister and His Robot Wife] * more  

Related Posts

    • Correction in Khasra No. of my House

      I inherited a house from my father at Varanasi and now I am planning to sell it . I contacted a Lawyer to see my papers etc. , After examining the papers , Lawyer told me that Khasra No. mentioned...

    • Old Age. Living in Peace

      My close friend has a flat in Bangalore. His son is doing job and started living in that flat. The son selected a girl on his own and after marriage started living in the same flat. After 4-years t...

      By Chandan Pal
    • Flat sold for 14th floor appears to be on 13th floor physically. Is it legal?

      I booked a flat at Palava Phase II at Dombivbli, Maharashtra with Lodha Builders. The flat was registered as flat number 1404 on the 14th floor. Since this was under construction flat, it was regis...

      By Abhijit Bhattacharyya
    • Hathway Digital Cable TV_Worst Service Provider

      Hathway Digital Cable TV: I had written several mails to the Nodal Office - Karnataka and also to the Digital Cable TV Head - India, updating them on the issues i am facing viz., firstly i am not a...

      By Ram Subhash
    • Pension

      Hello all, I have a big Problem, My grandma is 78 year old and My grand father is passed away in 2000. But my Grandfather is Freedom fighters in 'Dandi yatra'. After my grandfather death The Gove...

      By Hiren Pandya
    • Cheating by Raheja Developers Ltd - Auction of incomplete houses as ready to move dream houses

      I need guidance on how to go about for recovering my hard earned money. The details are as follows: - My friend got an email from Raheja informing him of auction of residential (stated as “r...

      By Ashok Kumar Kuwar
    • how complaint against an Advocate can be made for suppressing facts of case to stop registering FIR?

      Request to all Hon'ble members , please advice 1. In the court of MM a criminal complaint case u/s 156 is made in 2015 by a 'WOMEN' and MM ordered FIR for investigation to police, this case is dis...

      By Iqbal Singh
    • Complaint case at court Tis Hazari Delhi and FIR

      A Fir is registered by the order of court against my son by an advocate using his mother as complainant, living on first floor and i am living at ground floor. My son is not living in Delhi since ...

      By Iqbal Singh
    • Job Fraud Complain

      Where should i complain for fraud Job and taken money for job of Jet Airlines Hr.department.

      By Humayun Eajaz Momin
    • Request Legal opinion on Loan against Property

      A property was acquired by two brothers through Will from grand parent. The property division was not done. Can a bank extend loan to one party without consent from the other, using the original do...

Share To
Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)