Making Indian Railways a world class service entity...
Subject: Improvement of India Railways
Indian Railways are trying to meet the demand of travelling public for tickets by various restrictive measures such as limiting the time of booking tatkal tickets and other means by which well meaning and paying public are subjected various inconveniences. It is said that middle men and touts are indulging in blocking tickets through various means.
The scenario is exactly similar to the inconveniences faced by Indian citizens to get a telephone connection, a gas connection or booking a car/scooter etc during 1980s.. Earlier Government/ service provider resorted to rationing and quota system to discourage consumption and also to indirectly encourage exploitation by various interested unscrupulous elements.
Is the present policy of Railways is on similar lines. Instead of meeting increased demand of public, it is trying to regulate the demand through restrictive means. It is the same scenario in Airline sector before liberalization. As members of Consultative Committee you are in an advantageous position of examining the position clearly and suggest expansion of the services to meet the demand of public.
I suggest some measures for your kind examination and implementation by Railways if found feasible.
1. Increasing the number of trains. Increasing the number of lines in main sectors where demand is more. Increasing the speed of trains after taking all safety measures. I understood that the issue is under the consideration of Railways/Government.
2. Introduction of premium services between four metros. Super fast over night trains with higher fares. Say 25% extra in each class. it will ease pressure on aviation sector too.
3. Introduction of train services through public private participation; on similar lines as transportation of Goods is allowed by private racks owned by private parties. Private party pays charges to Railways on similar lines as private Airlines are paying charges to Airport Authority of India. Minimum/ maximum of travel charges can be regulated by Government.
4. Railways to increase the number of bogies in each train as required (with double engines if required) depending on the wait listed passengers each day/train. It can also curtail the number of bogies if demand for reserved seats is less on any day.
5. Finally, corporatization of Railways. A holding company with zonal level companies with decentralized powers to invest and improve as per local conditions will do wonders. It will bring out the inefficiencies in the system and public will get benefited.
6. We strongly feel that the Railways is run through a closely held group of Officers not trained in ways suited to run commercial undertakings. It is high time that the mind set is changed. The checks and balances are not vigorous in Railways. The vendors to Railways, the railway contractors connected with railway works are all belong to a separate class of their own and are not those we meet in our known commercial world. It is high time procedures are liberalized.
If any one can help
1 Written test in judiciary and Pujari system. Any body can write exam
2. No NRI quota,
3. No management quota
4. Retirement age in politics
5, women representation as per ratio
Even in present Govt Decision making official what is the % of SC ST and Bc.
Take any board Or Cabinet What is the Ratio
what is ratio in judiaciery and what is the present condition of judiciary .
Pl check before judge. more