Maintenance Suit for Pension

My father is a retired ZP Head Master in Andhra Pradesh retired in 1999. My mother and father had got separated, but not legally, due to family clashes, in my child hood around 30 years ago. My father is not giving any pension to my mother and enjoying the full pension and left my mother to her fate. But we have been meeting every now and then since then. My mother had been staying with me since then. She is unemployed and educated till PUC only and had no means to survive. I had retired as an ExServiceman in 2014. Now I am finding it difficult to maintain the family with my pension. So can my mother apply for maintenance suit for my father's pension and other financial assets now after this long duration ? Can she ask for a stay on my father's pension till the time the case is settled ? Any other suggestions to make my mother's case strong ? Please suggest more  

View all 17 comments Below 17 comments
TULSI, What Bhaskar Sinha has said is rather best ADVICE. Better go and see your father with wellwishers who convince your father Possibly something GOOD could come out. DON'T be AGGRESSIVE have Patience and this can be solved with affection and love. more  
We find very lucky People in the world where Husband and Wife and Both are loving with children even though they are not so much well to do. And there were or are people in the world who refuse Promotions or left their job for the sake of their Parents or their RITUAL practices. Lucky People enjoy the old Age but sometimes unlucky ones suffer because of their children who are much worried about their future and career. more  
Yes the suite for maintenance is a valid way to proceed. As regards stay on pension, the court most likely will direct your father to give to your mother a provisional sum. more  
You may have to coolly handle this case, because both your parents not separated through any documentation,hence before your venture for any legal proceedings, you should think it twice. All the same you have to approach some of your family elder people and pursue the matter in such a manner that your father agrees to give maintenance to your mother. Any hurried action and proceeding legally would amount to long duration of wait and expenditure, which probably you may not be able to sustain. Better counseling should prevail upon for a better and faster settlement. more  
Your mother can file suit for maintenance in Family Court from where she can get relief. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Aadhar Card

      I shifted my house from one area to another in same city. i.e from sector 53 to Sect 42 in Gurgaon . I am unable to change new address on aadhar card as Govt wants me to produce address proof. To ...

      By Rajeev Bhargava
    • Can a Co-owner as wife make a Trust deed ?

      Sale deed has 2 names-Husband & Wife. Husband is living separately in another home and wife was earning to buy flat,( Husband had No source of income) Wife is paying for maintainance...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Refund rule against downgrading to 3ed A.C from 2nd A. C.

      For travel on 2th April 2022 from Thane to Bydur ( Mookambika Road), on konkan Railway.the ticket booked on line through IRCTC. For difference fare, ZTTE issued a certificate. PNR no.8449078066.

    • MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      By Bookmy Kumar
    • OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538

      OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳 OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳

      By Raju Kumar
    • ancestral property rights

      Dear Members We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can c...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • CITY Governance Charges (CGC) on Carpet Area Basis?

      In a mega township project where one of the reputed builder charging CITY Governance Charges (CGC) based on per sq ft basis. It's nothing to do with building common area maintenance charges which i...

      By Mahesh Bhutkar
    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)