Legal Heir Certificate and Indemnity Bond

Dear members,

My grandfather passed away in Dec 19 and he held some Rewards Points with Citibank.

Now, in-order to get these reward points redeemed, Citibank is asking for certain documents which includes Legal Heir Certificate and an Indemnity Bond.

I am not sure who'd be the right person to approach for these documents and what is the process to get them?

Also, not considering credit card rewards points, how important and useful is it to have a Legal Heir Certificate? more  

View all 14 comments Below 14 comments
Request bank about details of documents required by them. They have everything and they are obliged to furnish the same. If you try to get prepared documents in accordance with your wisdom or of any body, including advocate, bank may reject the same on the ground that it is not as per their requirement. more  
Some Municipalities issue heirship Certificate. If heirship certificate is not so issued, only a court of law has to be approached. more  
Contact local village administrative officer or mandal revenue officer with death certificate ,aadhar card,ration card. They will issuse application form fill it up with two witness near by house with their ration card and submit to officer
They will verify it through revenue officer and the legal heir certificate through thadildar more  
Depends on where the deceased person was residing, whether in a village or a City. Isntit, Sir? more  
Apply thru.advocate to District Judge for the L.H.C. Indemity bond is separate which you can execute in Bank format .It is you undertake to return the benefits if in future your claim is observed fake. more  
Did your grandfather not have someone as a joint account holder or did he he not nominate someone?

In such a situation, it would have been pragmatic to use up the points as a joint account holder or as a nominee instead of wasting time on getting a legal heir certificate. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
    • Settlement of claim

      Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination.

      By Koiredla Chandrarao
    • 4 crore personnel loan

      We have total 4 crore personnel loan out of 5 crore loan. One of my partner cheated us in Mining business. He mis utilized entire fund and project fake orders he created. We

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Advocate help required

      Advocate help required for our odisha mining related fraud and document forgery from our partner. 1. Till now ~5cr amount transfered to his account for handling the project and office expe...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Adoption

      One of my friends wants to adopt a female baby ( a month old) . She is the daughter of his own brother and there is mutual consent. please let me know the procedures to be followed to make it legal...

      By N.Mohan Mohan
    • Pyramid Scheme from Osmose Technology Pvt Ltd

      I would like to know if it’s legal in India to run a Pyramid or Multi-level marketing scheme and if it’s safe for people to join as member. Particularly I would like to know...

      By Rajeev Rumale
    • Case against Medical Health insurance

      Want to file a case against Max Bupa Health Insurance company. Needs a competent professional, advocate or some Insurance law expert. Any one can advise ??

    • Maruti True Value - Total loss car sale

      I have bought other brand car (Honda Jazz) from Maruti True Value located @ Paruthipattu. They ensure the vehicle is not meet in accident and flood affected. While booking I agreed them to do name ...

      By Prabagaran Sekar
    • credit card GST

      I have a question: If the Bank refunds the card fees, are they bound to refund the GST? The fee is charged in January, but refunded in April. Please let me know.

      By Bhaskar N
Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)