Land purchase agreement

An unregistered agreement is made for the purchase of land in Maharashtra.
The Advance of rupees 10 lakh is paid
The agreement was made 4 years ago.
Now the land owner is not transferring the land not is he returning the money.
What is the legal remedy with me to get my money back more  

View all 21 comments Below 21 comments
What is the contractual period ie within how many months ur supposed to pay the balance money and get the sale deed registered in ur name; from the letter it is understood u are keen in collecting the money rather than buying the property. if so for getting the money back u have to file a civil suit and for this the claim should not be barred by limitation. consult a lawyer. it not possible to give an opinion without reading the document. more  
Though it was your fault not regd. even 10 lacs, the unregistered doc and the manner of payment and the limitation period for the pro note if you got(?) must be seen before proceeding. You had to consult a lawyer who is well versed in this field. more  
Consult the lawyer to examine any scope for a criminal case against the land owner.
Witnessing of the Sale Deed is an important factor. more  
The doc. should consist proper witness. If the case come to court of law, the witness will be summoned, the correctness of the doc. will be asked, if, ok no problem. However, very the limitation of the doc. more  
what is the period of the sale agreement? Based on this limitation alone your right will accrue. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)