House Advance not yet received

Hi Team, I have vacated the house march 2014 and till date I have not received rent advance. The rent agreement is notorized. Please suggest a quick process to recover he is ignoring to refund.
Currently I am facing financial challenges. Any help / suggestion will be appreciated

Thank you

J P Saha more  

View all 22 comments Below 22 comments
Mr. Sundaresan has identified the key issue: Agreement is required to be registered & not noatrised. A court will only entertain registered agreement. more  
The landlord, tenant cannot be delt with police in the right legal sense . You may request the police to help you if they have cheated you. Otherwise it is a civil dispute. Never vacate without receipt of advance. If so you will have to file a suit to recover your advance. Please send a notice to your landlord first. The rental agreement for more than 11 months are valid only if registered. We use lots of known shot cuts for convenience until faced with problems. more  
First lodge a complaint in that area's local police station and keep acknowledgement,and don't provide original documents to anyone just submit the Xerox copy, if the matter has not settle then file the cheating and mental harassing case don't wait cause it's expiring validity of notarized paper and take advice in (path legal website) free advice providing by advocates more  
Have you mentioned the payment of advance and its purpose in the notorized document. Have you specified any terms and condition for refund of the advance and fulfiled the same before vacating and /or after vacating. In such a case proceeding leglly may be possible. Please consult an advocate for getting clarified on the same. more  
Mr. Aditya, the deposit is not a consideration for any services rendered by the landlord and will not be covered by the Act. The position is settled by the Supreme Court in the year 2000 itself. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
    • Settlement of claim

      Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination.

      By Koiredla Chandrarao
    • 4 crore personnel loan

      We have total 4 crore personnel loan out of 5 crore loan. One of my partner cheated us in Mining business. He mis utilized entire fund and project fake orders he created. We

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Advocate help required

      Advocate help required for our odisha mining related fraud and document forgery from our partner. 1. Till now ~5cr amount transfered to his account for handling the project and office expe...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Adoption

      One of my friends wants to adopt a female baby ( a month old) . She is the daughter of his own brother and there is mutual consent. please let me know the procedures to be followed to make it legal...

      By N.Mohan Mohan
    • Pyramid Scheme from Osmose Technology Pvt Ltd

      I would like to know if it’s legal in India to run a Pyramid or Multi-level marketing scheme and if it’s safe for people to join as member. Particularly I would like to know...

      By Rajeev Rumale
    • Case against Medical Health insurance

      Want to file a case against Max Bupa Health Insurance company. Needs a competent professional, advocate or some Insurance law expert. Any one can advise ??

    • Maruti True Value - Total loss car sale

      I have bought other brand car (Honda Jazz) from Maruti True Value located @ Paruthipattu. They ensure the vehicle is not meet in accident and flood affected. While booking I agreed them to do name ...

      By Prabagaran Sekar
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)