Gram sabha land

I have a house in gramsabha land(खलिहान) for 20 years. Rightnow someone filed a case. What should i do? Is there any solution/option to save my house? more  

View all 19 comments Below 19 comments
" someone filed a case", - If it is Private person/individual - he does not have any right to do so. If the "gramsabha" representative - you can fight it OR amicably settle the same for Fine to be imposed. You are having sufficient documents to prove that you are he occupant since last 20 yrs. wherein No objection was raised in any manner whatsoever and you don't have any substitute/alternate. more  
After 20 years if somebody is filing a case against your property under which documents he had filed and what are the documents you are having staying in that property like payment of water bill, electricity bill, and if that there is any kind of tax bills you may file a counter of and no law will damage your property. You may also submit your grievances to the Public Grievances portal in the website the concern state government will be taking care of the issue. more  
If a land is not cultivated for 12 years it become Gram Sabha land since it remained as Khalihan, for thrashing ,with out cultivation mean Public property, . , as per Supreme Court Ruling ,it cant be grabbed by any body .for personal use. more  
Sir it is a land which was curtailed from our Agri. Land to do some agricultural activities which is called khalihan in our local language. As it was a part of our land we thought it is ours. But with time period laws has been changed, now it is not registered land, we can say it gram sabha land. There was no tax or any other charges which was due or pending. In past if we know the today's situation we never did it. We built the house only because and only we were confirmed the land is ours as it is curtailed from our land. But nowadays the rule is differ. There is an option of exchange, exchange of land under 161 act. We filed the case but it was cancelled by SDM even confirmed from lekhpal and tehsildaar mentioned in his comment that he read the case superficially not seriously. Then we filed the case in commissioner office, where the case is pending. Some people says the decision will never be in your favour. I just want to say if i am ready to give land in place of land which i captured and its cost is not lower than it. Then what is the problem? more  
Contest the case in person if you can or appoint a lawyer. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Aadhar Card

      I shifted my house from one area to another in same city. i.e from sector 53 to Sect 42 in Gurgaon . I am unable to change new address on aadhar card as Govt wants me to produce address proof. To ...

      By Rajeev Bhargava
    • Can a Co-owner as wife make a Trust deed ?

      Sale deed has 2 names-Husband & Wife. Husband is living separately in another home and wife was earning to buy flat,( Husband had No source of income) Wife is paying for maintainance...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Refund rule against downgrading to 3ed A.C from 2nd A. C.

      For travel on 2th April 2022 from Thane to Bydur ( Mookambika Road), on konkan Railway.the ticket booked on line through IRCTC. For difference fare, ZTTE issued a certificate. PNR no.8449078066.

    • MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      By Bookmy Kumar
    • OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538

      OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳 OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳

      By Raju Kumar
    • ancestral property rights

      Dear Members We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can c...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • CITY Governance Charges (CGC) on Carpet Area Basis?

      In a mega township project where one of the reputed builder charging CITY Governance Charges (CGC) based on per sq ft basis. It's nothing to do with building common area maintenance charges which i...

      By Mahesh Bhutkar
    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)