goondaism by the chairman of the society

A youngman who bought flat in my society two years ago became chairman within a year. Soon after he begged the contract of major repairs and painting of the bldg.He chopped off big trees in the compound and destroyed most of the decorative plants specially those which faced my bedroom . A huge palm tree was uprooted which provided a lot of privacy to me. He did all this destruction during my absence when I was away for several months. When I raised voice against it he said that it is he who is going to decide whether there should be trees and other plants in the compound and I had no right inthe matter.
I live on the ground floor with a separate entrance and this compound for twenty years was like private compound.The greenery provided privacy as well as added charm .
Can any body advise as to whether the chairman of the society has the right to uproot trees, uproot all the plants and tell other members that they have no right to plant any tree there . In order to show his high handedness he gets the small flowering trees defaced and chopped .
He is doing this goondaism to extract money out of me which I have refused to pay.
It does upset me to see my enviroment and greenery being destroyed and abused by him.
What can I do to prevent his dadagiri ? Can somebody please advise. more  

View all 58 comments Below 58 comments
I agree totally with Mr Muthurajan. Try to grow goo plant and put a passion fruit pant (creeper) so that it can give you fruits. Second thing is ask for the bill (account of expenditure involved) during the annual genl. meeting of the society. Instead of going for total confrontation it is better to make him confess and make an one time "pardon". Nursing or 'brooding over' grudge would not take you any where. Kindly get a copy of the M.O.A. submitted to the registrar of societies. It will provide you the duration the president's regimen. Powers of the president, the way genl. body is to be called etc. more  
I feel it could be much easier if one get to manage to have a function to plant trees through some TV channel to the colony. more  
It is mandatory to the Society as well as the contractor to obtain the writtn permission from the Authorities i.e. BMC /TMC. You can lodge your complaint against the Society as well as the contractor in Consumer Forum, Registrar of Co-op., BMC /TMC wherein you are entitled for adequate compensation and readdressal as well. more  
Dr. Neelam Nath. You have gone through quite a rough patch in your life. I feel proud of you having handled it alone. May God Bless you. Regards. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Can a Co-owner as wife make a Trust deed ?

      Sale deed has 2 names-Husband & Wife. Husband is living separately in another home and wife was earning to buy flat,( Husband had No source of income) Wife is paying for maintainance...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Refund rule against downgrading to 3ed A.C from 2nd A. C.

      For travel on 2th April 2022 from Thane to Bydur ( Mookambika Road), on konkan Railway.the ticket booked on line through IRCTC. For difference fare, ZTTE issued a certificate. PNR no.8449078066.

    • MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      By Bookmy Kumar
    • OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538

      OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳 OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳

      By Raju Kumar
    • ancestral property rights

      Dear Members We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can c...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • CITY Governance Charges (CGC) on Carpet Area Basis?

      In a mega township project where one of the reputed builder charging CITY Governance Charges (CGC) based on per sq ft basis. It's nothing to do with building common area maintenance charges which i...

      By Mahesh Bhutkar
    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)