foreign tour operators

I booked for europe tour package through Cox & Kings @ rs 3 laks per person. It includes the air travel india to europe and back, VISA fees, expenditures incurred in europe(boarding lodging, tours, tips etc.) and operators' own fees. They charged 4.5 % service tax on the total cost of the package. Recently they asked us to give additional service tax of@4.5% stating Government regulation.
my question is
1. why service tax is to be paid on the amount spent by the operator in europe and for VISA/
2. is it not relevant to define the service content of the package cost and charge service tax on this amount only? more  

View all 17 comments Below 17 comments
Mr. G. C. Mathur (Expert in Consumer Protection.): Read my comment. I wrote that book your tour with a foreign based (REPEAT: foreign based). These have no link with "Indian soil" whatsoever. more  
Now the Indian courts have the jurisdiction over the foreign companies operating from Indian soil. more  
Has the tour operate defined with tax authorities,what shall be fees at India and what are payable abroad.But any services by the service sector are chargeable. more  
Mr. G. C. Mathur (Expert in Consumer Protection.): If one books a tour direct with a foreign based tour operator, Indian Government has no locus standi and cannot demand any service tax from that tour operator. more  
what is the basic spirit behind service tax? services were the invisible products and hence could not be taxed earlier. After getting services taxed one is groping in dark how to define its taxability. Ridiculously wild scopes are being defined and in the process they are taxing the not to be taxed entities. How one can charge service tax on the VISA fees and the amount spent outside India? How any service is part of VISA fees? In my opinion if any person is doing work for you in exchange of money we can call it a service and only on this component of any package one should charge the service tax. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Aadhar Card

      I shifted my house from one area to another in same city. i.e from sector 53 to Sect 42 in Gurgaon . I am unable to change new address on aadhar card as Govt wants me to produce address proof. To ...

      By Rajeev Bhargava
    • Can a Co-owner as wife make a Trust deed ?

      Sale deed has 2 names-Husband & Wife. Husband is living separately in another home and wife was earning to buy flat,( Husband had No source of income) Wife is paying for maintainance...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Refund rule against downgrading to 3ed A.C from 2nd A. C.

      For travel on 2th April 2022 from Thane to Bydur ( Mookambika Road), on konkan Railway.the ticket booked on line through IRCTC. For difference fare, ZTTE issued a certificate. PNR no.8449078066.

    • MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      By Bookmy Kumar
    • OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538

      OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳 OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳

      By Raju Kumar
    • ancestral property rights

      Dear Members We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can c...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • CITY Governance Charges (CGC) on Carpet Area Basis?

      In a mega township project where one of the reputed builder charging CITY Governance Charges (CGC) based on per sq ft basis. It's nothing to do with building common area maintenance charges which i...

      By Mahesh Bhutkar
    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)