flat design changed by developer

I booked a flat 3BHK compact with amarprakash builder at chennai in Feb 2013. I have paid 31,50000/-. recently on 23 nov. 2015 he changed the design as shown in attached photograph. With new floor plan he closed the M.bed-room window and closed the study room door. The entrance is through Master bed room only hence there is no privacy for both rooms and it is as equivalent as 2 BHK. Builder told to change the flat out of which additional cost acc to my calculation is 2,15,984/- bu builder is asking 13,50,000. As it is builder's mistake I am not ready to pay single additional penny nor I am able to pay. Another option I told him to return my payment without deduction along with the interest which I paid for my loan account. He is not agree with this. I am planning to take legal adviser and go for a dialogue with builder. what should I do? more  

View all 17 comments Below 17 comments
HARVINDER, one thing one should know this business community is always to make HUGE Profits and they can do anything as the govt and ministers favour this community. Find out the area then and now. Approach the consumer court and see any help from them. SAB MILI BHAGAT SE KAM CHALTA HAI. TUM BHI KHAO HUM BHI KHAYENGE. more  
Pl. ref. our advise in this Blog. You are having multiple Options. First and foremost Issue Legal Notice by RPAD to the builder seeking response within 15 days, mostly you will not receive the same, Wait for further 15 days. Lodge your Complaint to the State Consumer Commission, calculating Damages, Interest, Cost, Legal Expenses etc in itemized manner. You can also file Police Complaint which usually ill not get lodged. Alternatively you form group of couple of other victims and file complaint with EOW. Furthermore you are also free to lodge Private complaint in the Court of your Jurisdiction for Cheating, Criminal Breach of trust and such other sections of IPC. more  
First,approach the builder and ave a dialogue with him.Document his view.If he is not agreeing to original plan,we are approach the appropriate consumer forum for redressal of the grievance. Relief has been received by many in such situation with compensation for mental harassment. more  
I agree with Mr. Jitendra K. Bhatia,, which should be your first step. In almost all cases, the original building plan is not made available and the customer makes the booking based on glossy brochures. I have seen brochures with a disclaimer in small print claiming that the brochure is only for representation purpose. I am also sure that the builder's agreement that you entered into with the builder will be one sided with an arbitration clause, providing for appointment of an arbitrator to be nominated by the builder. So, take it one step at a time and as suggested by others, please see if it is a problem faced by other owners, in which case, you can act collectively more  
You should , if not already done , ask for refund of your Money with Interest at the same rate as he is to charge for delayed payment from you end as per the Agreement . You can go to consumer court after non compliance .. This procedure is going to help if no cash payment is involved __otherwise you stand to loose money (cash) even if court decision goes in your favor... Ramesh Uppal __ indiatec@gmail.com more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Aadhar Card

      I shifted my house from one area to another in same city. i.e from sector 53 to Sect 42 in Gurgaon . I am unable to change new address on aadhar card as Govt wants me to produce address proof. To ...

      By Rajeev Bhargava
    • Can a Co-owner as wife make a Trust deed ?

      Sale deed has 2 names-Husband & Wife. Husband is living separately in another home and wife was earning to buy flat,( Husband had No source of income) Wife is paying for maintainance...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Refund rule against downgrading to 3ed A.C from 2nd A. C.

      For travel on 2th April 2022 from Thane to Bydur ( Mookambika Road), on konkan Railway.the ticket booked on line through IRCTC. For difference fare, ZTTE issued a certificate. PNR no.8449078066.

    • MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      By Bookmy Kumar
    • OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538

      OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳 OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳

      By Raju Kumar
    • ancestral property rights

      Dear Members We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can c...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • CITY Governance Charges (CGC) on Carpet Area Basis?

      In a mega township project where one of the reputed builder charging CITY Governance Charges (CGC) based on per sq ft basis. It's nothing to do with building common area maintenance charges which i...

      By Mahesh Bhutkar
    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)