Evidence by Affidavits & Appointment of Local Commissioner (Civil Suits)

This forum gave me great insight about the subject. Please educate me little more on this issue :

1. Is it necessary to take permission from the court before submitting the evidence by affidavit?

2. If for any reason respective court is vacant, can a higher court or some other court accept the application for recording the evidence by affidavit and appointment of Local Commissioner?

3. If a person record his/her statement in the form of affidavit and dies without getting it cross examined, will it be accepted by courts?

I knew their are many learned people in this forum and they will put light on it. more  

View all 6 comments Below 6 comments
there is no need togo to higher court if the original court is vacant. you can file the application in the court of Dist Judge. Further if a person is dead his affidavit neither can be filed nor taken on record. you can call me if you like to know more. 9312226308 more  
Raajesh Kumar Ji, Many thanks for your valuable inputs. The person is an independent witness. I understand from your replies that the permisssion of court is necessary before submitting the evidence by affidavit in civil suits. This application can be made in the higher courts and need not be made in the same court hearing the case. Is my understanding correct? more  
In my view, The answer to Q.3 is no. The evidence by way of affidavit won't be taken as evidence as its veracity is not tested and it will have no value. As far as question no.1 is concerned, whether the witnessed is a plaintiff or defendant himself or herself is not clear. If the said person is not a party to the case (either plaintiff or defendant) and he is just deposing from the side of any of the parties, then permission of court is required. Even if the person is an independent witness, the permission from court is required, otherwise court may direct for examination-in chief. Q.2 the answer is yes. more  
If the answer to question number 2 & 3 is "Yes", can anyone help me in getting it done from Ghaziabad District Court? more  
except for 1 to other two quiries the answer is yes. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

    • Disconnection of EB connection - to those Tenets whose license is cancelled by local body an

      Is there any judgement regarding disconnection of EB connection of a tenent whose license is cancelled by local body or panchayat and in a building which is colloapsed. Misuse of eb connection a co...

      By Ramachandran Sridhar Alias Krishnan

      The Government through the legal system has empowered women backed by commissions and other SPVs specifically created for the purpose.However law alone can not empower women and empowered women mus...

      By Prasanta Misra
    • Genuine Lawyers and fake

      An Advocate ( I dont want to name) has sent me a notice submitting some false information regarding the ownership of the property from his client and threatening that he will take legal action aga...

      By Ramachandran Sridharakrishnan
    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)