Eroneous entry in CIBIL report
To be sure that guarantee is not given by Abhijit, I suggested to visit branch and see the documents. Once it is confirmed that he has not signed the guarantee documents, Branch Manager will also take action to remove it from CIBIL. more
My experience is that the Branch Managers do not accept their mistakes. In case of frauds, there is a nexus. By approaching the BM, he is alerted and tries to cover up the fraud. Therefore it is necessary to lodge a complaint.
CIBIL is adamant to correct the rating by depending on the bank raising the demand. Your version is not accepted by CIBIL.
After all it affects your credit rating and it is necessary to protect yourself from demands being enforced.
I have experienced this at ICICI Bank for cards. A fraud has been established by the police and the fraudster located. However, the banker is not prepared to correct the rating and thereby CIBIL has retained the wrong rating. Presently the matter rests with the District Consumer Forum.
In the present case it is a guarantee which could be enforced by the bank for a default of the person receiving the education loan. The complainant is just a student. more
The only option is to lodge FIR with the police station where you stay. The police will investigate into the matter and nab the culprit who is using your identity.You should use the CIBIL report as evidence.
What about the liability of the loan and how has the bank kept quiet after it has come to its notice that the guarantor is not you?
CIBIL and Ombudsman will not help you in a matter of crime. You should not waste time. more
> P. K. Bansal
> P. K. Bansal commented on the Post
> P. K. wrote: "Dear Abhijit, 1. Find the branch of Corporation Bank. If
> possible, visit bank and ask branch Manager to give you details of account
> in which your name is entered as Guarantor. 2. If you feel that you have
> not guaranteed the person, ask him to show the guarantee bond. 3. Give him
> a letter in writing that you have not guaranteed any person and hence the
> entry made by the branch should be removed. 4. If they do not remove the
> entry, write to their higher officer and banking Ombudsman. 5. Then the
> bank will inform CIBIL to remove the entry from more...
> <https://www.localcircles.com/a/home?commid=bj14BpjpqM0ZoAFgrANBFusog0FY_9AJDhKaD8CP2Nc&pid=4AR_QcNya5lLx0Alip3kYWR1DRMcoKGMjHWRTLMzaY8&utm_campaign=tracking&utm_medium=email&utm_source=postcomment> Reply
> to this email to post a comment.
1. Find the branch of Corporation Bank. If possible, visit bank and ask branch Manager to give you details of account in which your name is entered as Guarantor.
2. If you feel that you have not guaranteed the person, ask him to show the guarantee bond.
3. Give him a letter in writing that you have not guaranteed any person and hence the entry made by the branch should be removed.
4. If they do not remove the entry, write to their higher officer and banking Ombudsman.
5. Then the bank will inform CIBIL to remove the entry from your record.
6. In parallel, you should also make a complaint to CIBIL. They will also ask the bank to give details and will correct it only after bank confirms that you are not a guarantor to the account attached with.
The process will take time and you will be required to follow up vigorously. more
All this will be true only if the complainant is correct in stating that his name has been used by some imposter. more