Date of birth difference between primary and secondary school due to clerical mistake

my date of birth in matric certificate issued by the board is May 1962 which I surrender at the time of joining job as per this my retirement is in May 2020 but it come to my notice few days back when someone filed complain against me in my department providing my primary school record date of birth which is May 1959 this is clerical mistake in high school record my department arranged an inquiry against me whether govt. can take any action against me or retire me before May 2020 more  

View all 22 comments Below 22 comments
Mr. Wala, Mr. Anonymous has already mentioned that DOB of 1959 came into existence due to clerical mistake. We must take that he has genuine and logical explanation for the same. And I am sure that he will be able to clear the departmental enquiry. All the best for him. more  
Even if "DOB recorded in Matric certificate is the conclusive proof of DOB", if the basis of "his primary school record DOB of May 1959" is the Birth Certificate issued by the Hospital in which he was born, will it (Hospital's Certificate) be considered for inquiry against him or will it be ignored?
I think what is the basis of his primary school record DOB of May 1959, will guide further processing of inquiry against him. more  
As per law, DOB recorded in Matric certificate is the conclusive proof of DOB. However in case of complaint against you about your DOB, your employer can give you a show cause notice and intiate inquiry. There you will have opportunity to explain your position and circumstances under there is discrepancy in DOB. Nothing to worry. You can't be retired without holding an inquiry. more  
You should not panic, DoB in matric certificate is valid and is an authentic record. You should stickup to this date while replying to memo issued in this case. Your reply should be in two lines that the date of birth is May 1962 and not May 1959 as per Matric Certificate. more  
the most authentic record in the country is the Matric certificate issued by the Board(known as Xth passing certificate). primary certificate may have a date of birth but then if it is incorrect then it has obviously been corrected in xth certificate. it is indeed the final document if any confusion regarding age no action can be brought against you without giving you a notice. you need to reply to the notice- 1. your matric certificate is true and authentic.2. primary certificate has a clerical mistake. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)