Common Terrace in Apartments

We have purchased a Flat at 6th Floor in a 13 Floor building namely Iscon Riverside, Shahibaug, Ahmedabad. The Builder did not inform that he has sold open terrace to the 4 Flat owners of 13th floor. As the Builder has sold open terrace to 13th floor owners and also given possession to them, now common terrace is not available for use by other occupants (1st to 12th floor owners) of the building.

Is it legally permissible for a builder to sale open terrace to top floor flat owners and deprive the owners of other floor flats to have use op open terrace ?

Do we have any remedy ? more  

View all 22 comments Below 22 comments
Pl. observe the terms and conditions of the contract as well as approved plan. It will make it clear by it self. more  
One thing is good now that the Public has woken up to know every DIRTY Acts of the BUSINESS class. Therefore better read thoroughly, approach lawyers seek their advice showing AGREEMENT copy rather suffer later. Any silly doubts don't feel shy approach the honest, experienced lawyer to be free from worries. In the same way, One MUST tell others the frauds of the business class. Or can we make a booklet what a consumer has to do before Purchasing a flat, or any consumer goods etc. Never go one line Purchasing a FASHION nowadays. more  
Yes, it's permissible. more  
Builder can't sell any thing that is not a Flat. Terrace is common area. As I said before you need to get the plan from the Municipality as most of the time the 4 flats on terrace may be illegal. more  
If the builder has offered the top roof as one of the common facility then he has no right to sell it. Otherwise he could sell it. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

    • Disconnection of EB connection - to those Tenets whose license is cancelled by local body an

      Is there any judgement regarding disconnection of EB connection of a tenent whose license is cancelled by local body or panchayat and in a building which is colloapsed. Misuse of eb connection a co...

      By Ramachandran Sridhar Alias Krishnan

      The Government through the legal system has empowered women backed by commissions and other SPVs specifically created for the purpose.However law alone can not empower women and empowered women mus...

      By Prasanta Misra
    • Genuine Lawyers and fake

      An Advocate ( I dont want to name) has sent me a notice submitting some false information regarding the ownership of the property from his client and threatening that he will take legal action aga...

      By Ramachandran Sridharakrishnan
    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
    • Settlement of claim

      Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination.

      By Koiredla Chandrarao
    • 4 crore personnel loan

      We have total 4 crore personnel loan out of 5 crore loan. One of my partner cheated us in Mining business. He mis utilized entire fund and project fake orders he created. We

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)