Banking rules and remedies.

i am having sip investment in mutual fund, due to some reason failed to keep the money at the exact time of deduction and bank deducts a charge of nearly Rs. 500 per transaction and simply says it is as per their rule. The name of the bank is KOTAK. I also learnt that other Public banks are deducting only Rs. 100 and what to do. Is the banking in India is uniform or not. Imagine a man making SIP of Rs. 500 will face this how. more  

View all 15 comments Below 15 comments
Dear all, banks are business establishments and like any other business establishment, they are free to fix their charges for various services. Before opening an account with a particular bank, one must go through them which are available on their web sites. Once an account has been opened with a particular bank, these charges and other terms and conditions have been accepted by the account holder. Kotak Mahindra Bank's service charges are available on their website. For your convenience, you may visit Public sector banks still do banking with social objectives in mind but this may not be applicable to private sector banks which are solely profit oriented and thus their charges are too high. They deal with classes and not masses. Hope this clarifies the situation. more  
Yes, as Mr.Ashok puts it each Bank has its own policy and rates. Banks like ICICI, HDFC, Axis Bank, Kotak Bank have different rates and certainly not comparable with Nationalised Banking rates. Please check with the Bank (Kotak) why they have charged Rs.500 ? more  
Banking rules should not be differs from bank to bank and it should be uniform policy and RBI has to frame guidelines accordingly. more  
Each bank has its own policy. This policy provides for different charges levied on different customers. If you are an important customer, private banks even waive off the charges. Negotiate with them. more  
Mr Kuppusamy, pl check the forms which you have signed while opening the sip account and verify if any charges are applicable for default in remittance of the sip amount; if there are no such charges specified in the form nor you have not received any intimation of revision in the tariff for failed transactions, you may report the case first to the head office of the bank (concerned dept) and if there is no response then report the matter to the banking ombudsman of the region you belong to (the address details will be available in the branch premises itself on a board hung along with the notice board); as a precaution pl ask the officer/manager to give you a copy of the tariff rules for your records and verify the same for levying such charges.( ) more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Aadhar Card

      I shifted my house from one area to another in same city. i.e from sector 53 to Sect 42 in Gurgaon . I am unable to change new address on aadhar card as Govt wants me to produce address proof. To ...

      By Rajeev Bhargava
    • Can a Co-owner as wife make a Trust deed ?

      Sale deed has 2 names-Husband & Wife. Husband is living separately in another home and wife was earning to buy flat,( Husband had No source of income) Wife is paying for maintainance...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Refund rule against downgrading to 3ed A.C from 2nd A. C.

      For travel on 2th April 2022 from Thane to Bydur ( Mookambika Road), on konkan Railway.the ticket booked on line through IRCTC. For difference fare, ZTTE issued a certificate. PNR no.8449078066.

    • MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      By Bookmy Kumar
    • OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538

      OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳 OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳

      By Raju Kumar
    • ancestral property rights

      Dear Members We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can c...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • CITY Governance Charges (CGC) on Carpet Area Basis?

      In a mega township project where one of the reputed builder charging CITY Governance Charges (CGC) based on per sq ft basis. It's nothing to do with building common area maintenance charges which i...

      By Mahesh Bhutkar
    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)