Applicability of Reforms

I have bought a flat and it is registered in my name, i have taken over the flat but as some amenities works and metered power is not yet provided i have not shifted to the flat.The builder says that he has deposited the money with the electricity board for power connection and he is not sure when he is likely to get the connection.
Some people have shifted and the builder has provided them the power from the connection given for construction purpose.
Is there any thing that i can do under the circumstances,
Will The new laws passed in the parliament wrt realestate be applicable now. more  

Dear Sundaram, Take these following steps. a) Insist the builder for commencement certificate b) Insist the builder to provide you occupancy certificate c) Since your builder claims that he deposited money with Electricity Board, with all probably, receipt must have been obtained. Ask him to provide you authenticated copy of the receipt. d) In case any other certificate, if you feel, necessary, as per the jurisdiction of the state/city, where you have purchased the flat, collect every piece of document with you. e) Importantly, whether you occupied the flat or not, the builder will collect all charges, including electricity, water and other maintenance charges from you, hence, you take possession from the builder. Best of luck. more  
You must insist on possession certificate from the authorities. As Mr.Ramdas said it is illegal to tap the power supply for domestic purpose when the connection has been given for construction. Though the rate per unit for domestic consumption is lower, there is another hidden danger the Power Company may disconnect your supply too if the builder fail to pay the electricity bill for any of his other projects. I suggest you should be careful before shifting. However I wish you all the best for the new home. more  
I agree with Ramadas but it should be reasonable period for installation of election by concerned authorities. more  
It usually takes some time for the Power company, Water and Sewerage board etc. to make their connections newly to the apartment complex. The builder giving power from the connection given for construction purpose is not right as the meter would be billed under 'Commercial' (higher than 'Residential' rates). It is better that you wait for the proper power connection and Wate and sewerage connection. However ask the builder for proofs of applications made by him, so that you can directly approch the power company (in case of Tamilnadu for example TANGEDCO) and get it moved fast. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Can a Co-owner as wife make a Trust deed ?

      Sale deed has 2 names-Husband & Wife. Husband is living separately in another home and wife was earning to buy flat,( Husband had No source of income) Wife is paying for maintainance...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Refund rule against downgrading to 3ed A.C from 2nd A. C.

      For travel on 2th April 2022 from Thane to Bydur ( Mookambika Road), on konkan Railway.the ticket booked on line through IRCTC. For difference fare, ZTTE issued a certificate. PNR no.8449078066.

    • MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      By Bookmy Kumar
    • OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538

      OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳 OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳

      By Raju Kumar
    • ancestral property rights

      Dear Members We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can c...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • CITY Governance Charges (CGC) on Carpet Area Basis?

      In a mega township project where one of the reputed builder charging CITY Governance Charges (CGC) based on per sq ft basis. It's nothing to do with building common area maintenance charges which i...

      By Mahesh Bhutkar
    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)