ancestral property - parents died without making a WILL

I am a case in my native village Chinnamanur TN.
Parents without making a WILL had died 20 years back, worth as on date 25 C. They had 3 daughters (elders) and 4 sons. The properties are both ancestral and self acquired by father, an uneducated.
Now the problem is the first 2 brothers are cheating their younger bros (one is spinster and another physically handicapped has one son).The first 2 bros. joined together and intimidated their elder sisters to forgo their share to these 2 and got their signatures and registered. The 3rd sister refuses to sign on their dotted line and in a stalemate.Further these 2 made huge purchases by investing the income earned from these properties which runs several crores.
Please advise me how to proceed further to get her legitimate share. more  

View all 37 comments Below 37 comments
Thank you Mr.Ashok Golas. for your elucidation. more  
a) All heirs have the right to inherit property in equal share;
b) If someone is not interested, he/she can renounce his/her share in anyone's favour;
c) If others are not interested, it is for the interested person to take the lead in getting partition of the property.
d) in a civil suit, your inheritors have a right to implead temselves eg. in case of spinster, she can will her share to anyone she chooses to in her own sweet will. more  
Out of 7 bros. and sisters only the first 2 bros. are indulging in this nefarious activities. One 3rd bro. is a spinster without child and a little bit mental and 4th bro. is 70% blind with wife and one child. The last 2 are powerless because of these the bros. are keeping silent with their illiteracy. The 2 elder sisters had been cheated by the 2 bros. and only the 3rd sister refuses to sign on dotted line of her bros. and wants her pound of flesh. Under these circumstances is it necessary to file partition suit all jointly or in their individual capacity. Moreover the what happens to the spinster's share after his death. All other 6 are have equal rights or not?Please clarify. more  
The refusing sister is right. Ask her to go for a partition suit. she has a right in both self acquired and ancestral proeprty. more  
Negotiating power much depend on having full know how of all the illegal acts done by her brothers. further nothing to worry about the age factor. People with sound health and every is alright can not forecast for the next moment of life. But one should have faith in almighty and will power to deal with any situation.
Under these circumstances the best way is get maximum by creating pressure by making / lodging police complaints for unauthorized / illegal sales of properties already made by her brothers. Where there is will there is way.
wishing all the success in the matter, as far your authority is concerned about the client it is up to the level and will of the client.
Regards, more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
    • Settlement of claim

      Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination.

      By Koiredla Chandrarao
    • 4 crore personnel loan

      We have total 4 crore personnel loan out of 5 crore loan. One of my partner cheated us in Mining business. He mis utilized entire fund and project fake orders he created. We

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Advocate help required

      Advocate help required for our odisha mining related fraud and document forgery from our partner. 1. Till now ~5cr amount transfered to his account for handling the project and office expe...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Adoption

      One of my friends wants to adopt a female baby ( a month old) . She is the daughter of his own brother and there is mutual consent. please let me know the procedures to be followed to make it legal...

      By N.Mohan Mohan
    • Pyramid Scheme from Osmose Technology Pvt Ltd

      I would like to know if it’s legal in India to run a Pyramid or Multi-level marketing scheme and if it’s safe for people to join as member. Particularly I would like to know...

      By Rajeev Rumale
    • Case against Medical Health insurance

      Want to file a case against Max Bupa Health Insurance company. Needs a competent professional, advocate or some Insurance law expert. Any one can advise ??

    • Maruti True Value - Total loss car sale

      I have bought other brand car (Honda Jazz) from Maruti True Value located @ Paruthipattu. They ensure the vehicle is not meet in accident and flood affected. While booking I agreed them to do name ...

      By Prabagaran Sekar
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)