Age for Household help

Can anyone tell me if it is ok in India/Delhi state to hire part time household help who is 16 years old and goes to school full time for 3-4 hours of kitchen assistance? more  

View all 10 comments Below 10 comments
No, I dont think it appropriate. The child must go to school. Ofcourse if you treat her like part of the Family, she should be happy to help with chores after school like any other young person her age would.
By this I do not mean slaving away till late at night..... more  
Dear Ms Naina,

I find your inquiry is innocuous and with an honest heart. The aim should be support the teenager below 18 years in furtherance of her own sustenance and obtaining education. Such an assisting girl must not work as an employee/monthly rated worker or by any name prevailing in local area. The girl must support the statement that she is not an employee but doing part time work to secure sustenance for her personal needs, education and enhancement of skills. Cookery is also taught for enhancement of skills.

With good wishes.
C.M. Lal Srivastava
9818680671 more  
Do ask this question to the Chemists and grocers employing them to do home delivery of orders within range of more than 3 kilometers,cycling in dangerous Delhi.Are rules only for households?? more  
I brought home an orphan 8 years ago, who was abandoned in a village of Delhi where I had a PHC,put him in private school,met Directorate of Education for his Govt. recognised education,now he is in class 8,at 16 he has no interest in studies,wants to roam around biking all day,why I am tolerating him? once I am a guardian for his aadhar card,savings in post office and banks,LIC policies etc.besides he getting a salary,total comes to more than 10,000/-pm and I am living alone as a senior citizen,working most of the time for charity centers,there is no household work,a maid comes to do the basics.It is easy or not to Corrupt a growing up mind-if he waters plants-he is gardener,if he makes a cup of tea he is a cook,I have tolerated tantrums of 3 growing up daughters and now out of pity after marrying 3,I wanted my home to have someone to watch TV in his own room with attached bathroom. This is to enlighten others,in case carried away by Satyarthi,they to want to rescue a child laborer,Do it but be Prepared the Maids of Khadar Gaon in our colonies will brainwash the growing up minds faster than our affection can reform them. more  
Ran Niwas ji, the children above certain age ( below 18 years) should not be employed at all, instead they can earn money if need be for their studies in other ways like teaching other children, taking tutions, or doing some other art work etc which can get them enough money for their studies, but not for earning to run their parents families. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Query on PMAY

      Hi All, I have bought a new flat in Bangalore with my mother as a co-owner. She is a homemaker and do not have any property registered in her name. When i was applying for Home loan initially ...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • the decisions of Supreme courts Our top court in India

      As we all know in our India Supreme court is supreme of all courts and it is safe guarding our consitution and to provisions provided to the citizens of India. But in recent past days the Supreme C...

      By VIJAY VK
    • Correction in my Khatauni

      I inherited a house constructed in 1968 by my late father in my name in main city and yellow card is issued by Nagar Nigam. House Tax and Water tax are being paid regularly . I wanted to sell my ...

    • Legal Heir Certificate

      Would like to know about Legal Heir Certificate. I am told that it is to be obtained after the demise of one's parent. Won't it be better if the Parent can declare his legal heir whil...

      By Chandrasekhar K
    • Advise for land locked agriculture land

      My 11 bigha land was occupied in 1982 by Government of UP for constructing PAC compound at Barabanki .Now my land is land locked and there is no approach to main road. Being a Senior citizen ,may I...

    • Date of birth difference between primary and secondary school due to clerical mistake

      my date of birth in matric certificate issued by the board is May 1962 which I surrender at the time of joining job as per this my retirement is in May 2020 but it come to my notice few days back ...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • legal hairs are liable to pay damage for civil suit of their parents?

      Sir, is there any law under IPC which says that legal hair have to pay to the respondending party if their parent expires during the course of legal suit? my mother filed a civil suit against ...

      By Iqbal Singh
    • GST for flat booked before April 2019

      I have booked a flat under construction in Hyderabad in June 2018 with a promise it would be delivered by Sep 18. But the builder got OC only in April 2019. Out of 45 flats to this date only 16 ha...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Why does government of India want to put cookies on our computers????????

      I tried to visit and access a particular SRO but could not because a pop up always came up whenever I tried to access "S...

      By Anil Kumar Singh
    • Dispute in Residential Project..Confusion on Suggested Solution

      Reframed last post to make it more clear. This post have better details of dispute and solution : a) Residential Project spread on PlotA, PlotB registered as Phase1 A/B/C buildings ...

      By Naresh Yadav
    • Request your help and wealth of knowledge on Legal Matters

      I filed a SLP in the year 2015 before the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India against at Criminal Petition which was against me. The SLP was filed by me online as party in person. I was infor...

      By Anil Kumar Singh
Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)