My friend was an operations executive in a chennai based customs house agent (CHA) cum logistics company for the past 19 years and due to some shabby treatment by the new management ( the company was taken over by a singapore multinational) gave resignation with 30 days notice as per service rules. Now it is almost 45 days but the management has not issued releaving letter nor settled his dues and SALARY FOR THE LAST MONTH OF SERVICE. They say his papers are under process. Date of resignation is 06-05-2015 and one month notice period expired on 05-06-2015. He has a clean record.

Is it fair, right and legal on the part of the company? what remedy has =he got more  

View all 10 comments Below 10 comments
Thank you Mr. Akhtar for updating us on the step taken by you and the outcome achieved. Rarely do I see anybody doing that after getting the advise.

And very good to know that the matter has resolved satisfactorily for your friend. more  
At the outset, my hearty thanks to Vasudevan P V sir, Mittal sir and Sumit Saraf sir for giving me valuable advise in my matter. The mix and match use of your valuable advice has borne fruit. I sent a legal notice threatening legal action and also implicating the BM in his personal capacity as he has exceeded his powers and limits and acting with a malafide intention.

Yesterday, 26/06/2015 they called my friend to the office, made him to sit the whole day, issued a cheque for the salary, another for 6 month equivalent as a golden handshake, another cheque for his pf.

My profound thanks for legal circle which has not only broadened my exposure but also has solved an issue of my on my very first day of joining. more  
Mr, Akhtar wait for some time and talk to management because its hardly 20 days over from prescribed time

Amit Gaur
Advocate more  
For pf you just have to put up a notice to the pf authorities more  
Acceptance of resignation can take time. Check the staff rules. It may vary from a month to three or so no hurry. After 19 yrs company may require to check payments due and from. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
    • Settlement of claim

      Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination.

      By Koiredla Chandrarao
    • 4 crore personnel loan

      We have total 4 crore personnel loan out of 5 crore loan. One of my partner cheated us in Mining business. He mis utilized entire fund and project fake orders he created. We

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Advocate help required

      Advocate help required for our odisha mining related fraud and document forgery from our partner. 1. Till now ~5cr amount transfered to his account for handling the project and office expe...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Adoption

      One of my friends wants to adopt a female baby ( a month old) . She is the daughter of his own brother and there is mutual consent. please let me know the procedures to be followed to make it legal...

      By N.Mohan Mohan
    • Pyramid Scheme from Osmose Technology Pvt Ltd

      I would like to know if it’s legal in India to run a Pyramid or Multi-level marketing scheme and if it’s safe for people to join as member. Particularly I would like to know...

      By Rajeev Rumale
    • Case against Medical Health insurance

      Want to file a case against Max Bupa Health Insurance company. Needs a competent professional, advocate or some Insurance law expert. Any one can advise ??

    • Maruti True Value - Total loss car sale

      I have bought other brand car (Honda Jazz) from Maruti True Value located @ Paruthipattu. They ensure the vehicle is not meet in accident and flood affected. While booking I agreed them to do name ...

      By Prabagaran Sekar
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)