Addition of name in agricultural land

My ex- in-law's possessed agricultural land . Now both of them have passed away and I requested my ex-husband to add my daughter's name in the land. But he says that it can be done only through "pedhi namu" and my daughter's name cannot be added in "pedhi namu" till he is alive. I want to claim my daughter's right in the land. Can some one guide me what is the other way-out to add my daughter's name in the land as I don't trust my ex- husband. Also my ex-inlaw s have made a registered will where they have allotted certain percentage of other property to my daughter. Can this help. more  

View all 12 comments Below 12 comments
From the querry posted it seems that the agriculture land has not been mentioned in the WILL.This being so the agriculture land will form as the HUF property of the father if it was an ancestral property in the hands of the in laws.For the daughter will still have her share in the grand parents property( competent court having jurisdiction can be approached to claim her share in the ancestral property if ex husband is unwilling to part with your daughters share peacefully. more  
Ms.Hina Patel... you yourself have confused the issue by not disclosing your present status.. What do you mean by ex-- Dictionary says FORMER i.e. past If you could have explained your present status... there could have been many ways to help you out... but in the absence of relevant updated information... how can anyone suggest anything??? You post information half-heartedly and expect Indian men to come forward. And I never said anything un-parliamentary for you to get so so upset. Men will be Men and will always be there to help ... be it any gender provided true and elaborate information is provided for us to think and act. more  
Mr.Surendra Kumar when u r not aware of the history kindly don't post comments. Whan u cannot help someone at least don't discourage. This is what Indian men like you do for women!!! more  
Very shameful to hear the post... For you they are X (ex).. then Y this claim??? means relation has no value but their money has ???? when the status of relation is Ex.... claiming share is something beyond imagination and disgraceful too. more  
clarify your present stand? > Whether you alreasy seperated? > Whether the land owned by your ex-in laws are share received after partition? > The property what held by your in- laws are purchased by them? > Whether any will executed and registered? if so, obtain a copy and go through legal experts from, who will render free services to you. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

    • Disconnection of EB connection - to those Tenets whose license is cancelled by local body an

      Is there any judgement regarding disconnection of EB connection of a tenent whose license is cancelled by local body or panchayat and in a building which is colloapsed. Misuse of eb connection a co...

      By Ramachandran Sridhar Alias Krishnan

      The Government through the legal system has empowered women backed by commissions and other SPVs specifically created for the purpose.However law alone can not empower women and empowered women mus...

      By Prasanta Misra
    • Genuine Lawyers and fake

      An Advocate ( I dont want to name) has sent me a notice submitting some false information regarding the ownership of the property from his client and threatening that he will take legal action aga...

      By Ramachandran Sridharakrishnan
    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)