As per Order XVII (on Adjournments) under Civil Procedure Code (as amended in the year 2002) the provisions are in force:
(a) No adjournment shall be granted more than three times to a party during hearing of the suit;
(b) No adjournment shall be granted at the request of a party except where the circumstances are beyond the control of the party;
(c) The fact that the pleader of a party is engaged in another court shall not be a ground for adjournment

I think if a Judge has conducted proceedings in contravention of the said or other provisions of Order XII Petition may be filed in the higher court for appropriate action. more  

View all 17 comments Below 17 comments
The problem with me is I do not know how to start a petition on line. Those who are having the knowledge should summarize the discussions and draft a petition to the Law Ministry for action so that we all can sign with our details to create an impact. Please start a petition for me to sign more  
its helpful but is it for criminal cases or only for civil case as its under CPC more  
This is great information - just a written request for enforcement of the Rule, after the 2nd adjournment, would be enough notify both the Judge and the opposing counsel that you intend to enforce it and bring the matter to rest. more  
Sri Narayanarao , a collective representation or of a Council / Association with not only have its recognition & prime importance rather than that of an Individual and hence for only those connected with and for only the Public Interest , such a Circle is needed which will overcome many including finance & time bound presence too . Please think on this also . more  
The local circle will help providing knowledge for the individuals to act. Looking at always others in the name of Organisations, Unions, Associations, Parties, or some other groups is the unfortunate thinking of persons who do not find time to act. Each individual with the knowledge provided by these local circles should use it in his daily talk, writing, presentations, petitions, cases and so on. Do not look to others to fight your cause. If you are in pain, please get out of it with the knowledge provided by the local circles more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

    • Disconnection of EB connection - to those Tenets whose license is cancelled by local body an

      Is there any judgement regarding disconnection of EB connection of a tenent whose license is cancelled by local body or panchayat and in a building which is colloapsed. Misuse of eb connection a co...

      By Ramachandran Sridhar Alias Krishnan

      The Government through the legal system has empowered women backed by commissions and other SPVs specifically created for the purpose.However law alone can not empower women and empowered women mus...

      By Prasanta Misra
    • Genuine Lawyers and fake

      An Advocate ( I dont want to name) has sent me a notice submitting some false information regarding the ownership of the property from his client and threatening that he will take legal action aga...

      By Ramachandran Sridharakrishnan
    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
    • Settlement of claim

      Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination.

      By Koiredla Chandrarao
    • 4 crore personnel loan

      We have total 4 crore personnel loan out of 5 crore loan. One of my partner cheated us in Mining business. He mis utilized entire fund and project fake orders he created. We

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)