Subject: How to get copy of Court 'B' diary of
a criminal case in a right/legal way?

Background of the criminal case:
Betrothal happened without fixing marriage date
and without writing marriage invitation. One year
after the betrothal, bridegroom refused to marry
the bride due to mismatch. Agrieved bride side
lodged police complaint on the bridegroom and whole
of his family members i.e. brothers/sisters/brother-
in-law/sister-in-laws/mother and subsequently three
of the bridegroom's siblings got arrested and
released on bail one week after filing FIR u/s 4
of Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Women Harassment Act.
Later IPC sections 406/417, 506(i), 294(b) got
added. For nearly three years, this criminal case
is running in Additional Mahila Court (JM Level),
Madurai and more than 50 hearings attended by the
prime accused bridegroom with literally eyes are
blind folded, mouth is shut, and ears are closed.
Meanwhile 100s of records piled up in the docket of
the criminal case during the trial upon charge sheet
filing and discharge petition cancellation. Though
certified copies of some of the records were
obtained through copy Application, the prime accused
wanted to get certified copy of all records
present/associated with the court 'B' diary for the
purpose of coming out of current lawyer and it has
been informed to the current lawyer and the court.
The current lawyer is also applied CA for "copy of
court 'B'diary from beginning". After two months
of repetitive follow-up only three pages of
partial court 'B' diary extract (three pages of
docket entries) was given and the CA is closed now
stating that copies of all documents in the 'B'
diary cannot be given even though criminal rules of
practice 339 provisions to give copies of any
portion of any record, docket entries, and Judge

Copy Application Problem - Solution needed:
The court is saying that the docket contains
CAs, 317 petitions, copies of referred judgements,
sureties, Judge notes, etc. which cannot be given.
In such situation, how to get certified copy of all
records present/associated with court 'B' diary of
a criminal case in a right/legal way. To whom the
copy application related complaint can be given?
Can the CA complaint be given to Chief Judicial
Magistrate or Principal District Judge? Though
there are various short cut / wrong ways to get
certified copies of all records, I would like to
know the right / legal way to get certified copies
of all records.

When the lawyer is representing, the court is not
allowing the prime accused to inspect the records
present in the docket. If the prime accused wanted
to conduct the case by himself, will the court allow
the prime accused for the inspection of all records
present/associated with court 'B' diary? If so,
what is the procedure to be followed for the
inspection? more  

View all 7 comments Below 7 comments
Thank you very much Mr.Sankara Narayana Pillai for providing clear and useful information. Since certified copies are given at even nearly end of two months from CA application, should one wait for two months for not furnishing CA document before filing petition in the high court? The de=facto complainant has got high court direction of speedy disposal of the case within six months and that six months is over now. Subsequently The Justice of Additional Mahila Court, Madurai has written to high court, obtained another six months time frame, and that time frame is also over now. Meanwhile seven of plaintiff witnesses have given depositions, cross examination (on behalf of 9 accused (i.e. except prime accused) by current lawyer) all of seven plaintiff witnesses, CrPC 313 questioning is over, defence witness is pending. The prime accused is waiting to get certified copy of discharge judgement pronouncing the dismissal of discharge in April 2016 before cross examining the plaintiff witnesses. The Justice of Additional Mahila Court, Madurai do not care about it, but tells that since certified copy of plaintiff witnesses have been provided, it is sufficient for the prime accused to cross examine the plaintiff witnesses. Now, the Justice of Additional Mahila Court, Madurai is pressing for closing of defence witnesses soon before proceeding for argument. Due to this copy application (Court "B" diary including discharge judgement) problem so far, the prime accused did not get opportunity to check the genuinity of complaint, involve / participate during framing of charges, cross examine seven plaintiff witnesses, and is in a tight situation even to miss the opportunity of giving defence side witness. Is prime accused has right to get certified copy of discharge judgement before cross examining plaintiff witnesses or before giving defence side witness? There are 100s of questions to be asked by the prime accused during cross examination. If the cross examination is split into small number of questions (say around 20 each time), is the prime accused has right to get certified copy of each cross examination of 20 questions before proceeding for the next 20 questions of cross examination? more  
Any accused person can conduct the case against himself,without any lawyer. He has a right to inspect the records but it can be done only with the permission of the court on application in writing. File a copy application for the documents you require.If not furnished ,file a petition in the High court. more  
Is it not possible to apply for the information under the Right to Information Act? Please examine the feasibility of this. L.Kalavathi Retd. Bank Official Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. 8th Nov 2016 more  
Thanks for your feedback. Just to clarify, this is not about my daughter's case. more  
Agree with Mr Ravindran to apply for a copy through a good advocate. Just wondering where this marriage would be happy even court order in your daughter's favour. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Aadhar Card

      I shifted my house from one area to another in same city. i.e from sector 53 to Sect 42 in Gurgaon . I am unable to change new address on aadhar card as Govt wants me to produce address proof. To ...

      By Rajeev Bhargava
    • Can a Co-owner as wife make a Trust deed ?

      Sale deed has 2 names-Husband & Wife. Husband is living separately in another home and wife was earning to buy flat,( Husband had No source of income) Wife is paying for maintainance...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Refund rule against downgrading to 3ed A.C from 2nd A. C.

      For travel on 2th April 2022 from Thane to Bydur ( Mookambika Road), on konkan Railway.the ticket booked on line through IRCTC. For difference fare, ZTTE issued a certificate. PNR no.8449078066.

    • MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      By Bookmy Kumar
    • OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538

      OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳 OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳

      By Raju Kumar
    • ancestral property rights

      Dear Members We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can c...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • CITY Governance Charges (CGC) on Carpet Area Basis?

      In a mega township project where one of the reputed builder charging CITY Governance Charges (CGC) based on per sq ft basis. It's nothing to do with building common area maintenance charges which i...

      By Mahesh Bhutkar
    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)