Hi, My father passed away last year. He was owning a property in Chennai. He had not written any will. How do we transfer the ownership to my mother? more  

View all 51 comments Below 51 comments
Few tips. a) Obtain death certificate. b) As will not executed, there are every chances for claiming share by third person, which to be challenged. c) In order to avoid litigation's and envisaged trouble at a later stage, one has to make declaration in leading new paper about the ownership transfer. d) In the advertisement limited period of 30 days to be declared for any claimant to substantiate evidence of his claim on the property. e) As long as the correct procedures are not followed, transferring property with no registered will, can lead to mental agony, money and time waste in litigation. more  
If Hindu Male Dies Without Will Let us see how wealth will be distributed if a person with Hindu religion dies without a valid will. In case of a Hindu male if he dies without a valid will his wealth will be distributed as per the provisions of Hindu Succession Law first to Class 1 Heirs equally and if there are no Class 1 then to Class 2 Heirs. Following is the list of Class 1 and Class 2 Heirs; Class I Heirs Class 2 Heirs (see the attachment. IN CASE YOU WISH TO SELL THE LAND AT A LATER TIME YOU MUST GET THE SUCCESSION CERTIFICATE ELSE THE LAND CANNOT BE REGISTERED IN OTHER PERSONS NAME. more  
After fathers death property is transferred to Class 1 legal heirs, i.e. Sons & wife. No need of succession certificate unless registering authority asks you. more  
First apply for death certificate of your father Apply for succession certificate from revenue officials I think in chennai death cert can be down loaded from website of govt dept for a fee payable thru online If all sons daughters give no objection to transfer the prop in your mother name I think it can be done My humble suggestion is since there is no WI L L all siblings and mother have EQUAL RIGHT on the prop and get suitable advise from a competent lawyer also more  
You may produce the list of first class LRs i.e. mother, wife, childrwn to concerned patwari/revenue authority and he will enter mutatation... more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Aadhar Card

      I shifted my house from one area to another in same city. i.e from sector 53 to Sect 42 in Gurgaon . I am unable to change new address on aadhar card as Govt wants me to produce address proof. To ...

      By Rajeev Bhargava
    • Can a Co-owner as wife make a Trust deed ?

      Sale deed has 2 names-Husband & Wife. Husband is living separately in another home and wife was earning to buy flat,( Husband had No source of income) Wife is paying for maintainance...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Refund rule against downgrading to 3ed A.C from 2nd A. C.

      For travel on 2th April 2022 from Thane to Bydur ( Mookambika Road), on konkan Railway.the ticket booked on line through IRCTC. For difference fare, ZTTE issued a certificate. PNR no.8449078066.

    • MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      By Bookmy Kumar
    • OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538

      OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳 OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳

      By Raju Kumar
    • ancestral property rights

      Dear Members We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can c...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • CITY Governance Charges (CGC) on Carpet Area Basis?

      In a mega township project where one of the reputed builder charging CITY Governance Charges (CGC) based on per sq ft basis. It's nothing to do with building common area maintenance charges which i...

      By Mahesh Bhutkar
    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)