(1) Searching for case law relating to any case is much easier nowadays since most of case law is available on the web sites of High Court and Supreme Court and resort to Google-search, besides CDs available at affordable cost. The brain work involved on the part of both Judges and lawyers is much less now than in the past.
(2) The stereotyped reply that one hears about excessively long time for settlement of legal proceedings is that the ratio of Judges to population is too low, being much less in India than in many other countries, particularly advanced countries. But very few in the judicial fraternity seem to have assessed whether the procedures processes as in vogue are all justified and unavoidable in all cases. For example do Judges have the power to decline requests of lawyers of adjournment on grounds which are not substantive, material and weighty? What about adjournments ordered by Judges on their own without any ground being mentioned? Is application of mind by a Registrar not sufficient and is application of mind by a Judge essential after a hearing by him in all cases for permitting issue of Summons? Where Service of Summons could not materialise owing to the addressee of Summons not being available at the Address known to and furnished by a plaintiff/petitioner,can substituted service by publication in a local newspaper not be ordered as a matter of routine without a special petition being filed on behalf of the plaintiff?
(3) Technology is very much advanced compared to what w as available when the procedures being followed even now were devised. Several gadgets and facilities are available like video-conferencing, audio-conferencing, emailing, internet, searching through google, Ask-me etc., verifying ownership of properties through search in computerised record of rights (as in what is referred to as 'CARD' in Hyderabad), Judgements of Courts posted in the web sites of courts which can be readily extracted by any internet user without a copy certified by a judicial authority being required. more  

View all 10 comments Below 10 comments
Attendance of Litigants: There exists a system where attendance sheet is signed by the advocate and litigants present in person. However this process is not followed in majority of the courts and the Judge/ Reader arbitrarily records attendance. At times making wrong records and even declaring litigants present as absent. Some times declaring litigants as Ex-Parte without any order to that effect. The culture is of a Kangaroo Court more  
Judgement/ Orders on Court website: There exists a system where the Judgement or Daily Orders are uploaded on Courts Website, but this is not religiously followed specially by the Registrar at High Courts and at District Court level. This adds to the inconvenience/ harassment of the litigant who has to visit the court to do file inspection or apply for certified copy. more  
Apart from the inadequate infrastructure of Judiciary, i.e. no. of courts, no. of judges etc. the most annoying cause of increasing the pend ency is to seek date after after date by the accused advocate until the case warrants fast track judgments due to national or political issues. The next date is given left and right on the frivolous grounds. This not only delays the justice but the legal cost for the petitioner keeps on mounting. I wish to suggest that the curt should not allow more than two dates and any further extension should be based on depositing the advocate fee of the petitioner with the court could prove a great deterrent for keep on asking for dates after dates. more  
Application IT in administration of courts needs to be increased. Alternative Dispute Resolution methods like Arbitration and mediation needs to be employed in resolving disputes rather than increasing litigation. more  
want to know legal service knowledge more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Aadhar Card

      I shifted my house from one area to another in same city. i.e from sector 53 to Sect 42 in Gurgaon . I am unable to change new address on aadhar card as Govt wants me to produce address proof. To ...

      By Rajeev Bhargava
    • Can a Co-owner as wife make a Trust deed ?

      Sale deed has 2 names-Husband & Wife. Husband is living separately in another home and wife was earning to buy flat,( Husband had No source of income) Wife is paying for maintainance...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Refund rule against downgrading to 3ed A.C from 2nd A. C.

      For travel on 2th April 2022 from Thane to Bydur ( Mookambika Road), on konkan Railway.the ticket booked on line through IRCTC. For difference fare, ZTTE issued a certificate. PNR no.8449078066.

    • MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽ MB loan customer care number ❾❶⓿❷❶❷❹❺❸❽

      By Bookmy Kumar
    • OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538

      OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳 OB cash loan customer care number 9102124538 🇮🇳

      By Raju Kumar
    • ancestral property rights

      Dear Members We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can c...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • CITY Governance Charges (CGC) on Carpet Area Basis?

      In a mega township project where one of the reputed builder charging CITY Governance Charges (CGC) based on per sq ft basis. It's nothing to do with building common area maintenance charges which i...

      By Mahesh Bhutkar
    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)