Can anybody please guide me abt that wht r the chgs for gift deed from father to son, blood relation, a residential flat..
1) 2% of mkt value, lbt + service tax OR
2) on Rs. 200/- stamp paper + registration chgs of Rs. 30,000 or 1% of mkt value , whichever is less.. more  

View all 19 comments Below 19 comments
According to Article 28 Karnataka Stamp Act, "Family in relation to the donor for this (Gift) Purpose means,( Father, Mother) Husband, wife, son, daughter, daughter-in-law, brother, sister and grand children. Calculation of Stamp duty and Registration fee for family members . Family member means family in relation to the donor for this purpose means husband, wife, son, daughter, daughter-in-law and grand children . Hence, gift executed as per the definition, stamp duty payable is as follows:- 1.Fixed stamp duty =Rs.1000=00 2. 5% Additional Stamp duty on Rs.1000=00. Rs. 50=00 3. 2% Surcharge on Rs.1,000=00. Rs. 20=00 Hence, Total Stamp duty payable is Rs. 1070=00 Stamp duty can be paid by purchasing Non-judicial Stamp papers from Government treasury or write document on plain paper and pay stamp duty in cash or through D.D. in the concerned Sub-Registrar Office. Fixed Registration fee Rs.500=00 .Rs. 500=00 Grand Total Rs. 1570=00* * (a) Plus copying or Scanning Fee, endorsement, comparing, filing, record of rights and postage fee also chargeable. (b) Registration fee can be paid in cash or through D.D. in the concerned Sub-Registrar Office at the time of presentation of the document for registration. more  
Gift to direct descendants is free of gift tax(after all after father's demise the son is the natural heir).If the father writes a will (again need not be registered)the property goes to the son as per will automatically. Simply get the descendant entered in the municipal records and pay your property tax etc., more  
Thanks Taunk Sahib. Regards. Ramesh Mital From: To: Subject: Found your comment "No gift tax/ service tax ..." helpful Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 06:21:04 +0000 more  
Thanks,Madam. Regards. Ramesh Mital From: To: Subject: Found your comment "No gift tax/ service tax ..." helpful Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 10:40:01 +0000 more  
Thanks, madam. Regards. Ramesh Mital From: To: Subject: Found your comment "No gift tax/ service tax ..." helpful Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 10:40:07 +0000 more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

    • Disconnection of EB connection - to those Tenets whose license is cancelled by local body an

      Is there any judgement regarding disconnection of EB connection of a tenent whose license is cancelled by local body or panchayat and in a building which is colloapsed. Misuse of eb connection a co...

      By Ramachandran Sridhar Alias Krishnan

      The Government through the legal system has empowered women backed by commissions and other SPVs specifically created for the purpose.However law alone can not empower women and empowered women mus...

      By Prasanta Misra
    • Genuine Lawyers and fake

      An Advocate ( I dont want to name) has sent me a notice submitting some false information regarding the ownership of the property from his client and threatening that he will take legal action aga...

      By Ramachandran Sridharakrishnan
    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
    • Settlement of claim

      Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination.

      By Koiredla Chandrarao
    • 4 crore personnel loan

      We have total 4 crore personnel loan out of 5 crore loan. One of my partner cheated us in Mining business. He mis utilized entire fund and project fake orders he created. We

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)