Two advertisements seems to be misleading. One saying "Dish TV" ka matlab "Tata Sky" and the other being "Toothpaste" ka matlab "Colgate". In my view both advertisements are not only misleading but also wrongly educating the viewers specially the kids.
What do you feel? plus any other point against such advertisements as I plan to write to concerned authorities. more  

View all 27 comments Below 27 comments
Thanks for the both . The Grievances Against Misleading Advertisements GAMA ; and the Advertising Standard Council of India ASCI ; are as already said , the chance to a Victim or , a Citizen interested in the Society . This also is the same as the Rights / Liberties set without conditioning the restrictives so set in . Such these help the Creator/instigator while can never curb the ill practices . There is absolute necessary to implement and enforce promptly the Regulations and strict curb of misleading or inciting or ill-full ADDS . Every body and everybody know that there has been severe and serious indecent presentation and representation of Women in the T. V. and Movie though there is in force and alive , the INDECENT REPRESENTATION OF WOMEN [PROHIBITION] ACT 1986. All the ills and challenges on the society creating many ills through such of ODD ADDS which fall under this condition HAVE BEEN LET AND LEFT SO RUINING THE WHOLE PEACEFUL LIVELY HOOD CHALLENGING THE CULTURE & INDIAN HERITAGE only because , none of the governing Bodies of the Constitution and , the Indian Police and the Judiciary also left for some wealthy and Powered individual or , a Patriotic Association to invest and proceed under law . more  
Dear Mr. Nair, Thanks for your valueable inputs on the issue. As far as issue of misleading advertisements is concerned, I think we have the weakest system to address the issue. Advertising Standard Council of India looks after the complaints pertaining to misleading advertisements. Now the ASCI is a voluntary organisation funded by their business members. How an impartial redressal is expected from the ASCI which is funded by the business industry. Secondly the best solution offered by ASCI is to either withdraw the objectionable ad or modify the same. By the time such decisions are announced the damage due to misleading advertisement is already done. Why Govt. does not come out with a regulatory authority to address the concern arising out of misleading advertisements. more  
What is GAMA? The Department of Consumer Affairs has launched this portal for registering online complaints for Grievances Against Misleading Advertisements (GAMA ). What is a misleading advertisement? Any advertisement or promotion through Television, Radio, or any other electronic media, Newspapers, Banners, Posters, Handbills, wall-writing etc. to misrepresent the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities so as to mislead the consumer could be broadly defined as a misleading advertisement. In simple terms any advertisement that gives false information, making false claims or contravening any other provision of the advertising code can be termed as a misleading advertisement. Types of advertisements you can complain about? Advertisements appearing in News Papers, hoardings, handbills, wall writing as well as advertisements in the electronic media such as TV channels, radio channels, internet sites etc. are some examples. What do I do as a consumer when I see such advertisements? As an aware Consumer, you can register a complaint along with a copy / video / audio of such advertisement through the web portal the GOI at . How do I register my grievance? Step 1. A one time registration is required for lodging a complaint. For registration go to the web portal and click on the login link and then singup giving details required, verify through your email. The User id and password are created. Step2. Using this user id and password, enter into the portal and fill in require details of complaint attaching necessary audio / video / paper clip / photograph (if available). Is there any alternate way for registering my complaints? You can register a complaint along with the copy / video / audio of such advertisement through the nearest Grahak Suvidha Kendra or designated Voluntary Consumer Organizations (VCOs) who will in turn lodge your grievance through the web portal of the GOI at to bring it to the notice of the Government. What happens to the complaint? Regional Language and local complaints will be taken up by Grahak Suvidha Kendras / Voluntary Consumer Organizations (VCOs) as the case may be with appropriate local authorities. National level complaints would be forwarded to the concerned regulator of the sector to which the complaint pertains. Complaints would also be monitored for follow up action by the Department of Consumer Affairs. Regulators will be in turn take up the matter with the concerned Company / Agency for remedial action. All VCOs, regulators and DoCA will update the action taken by them regularly through the web portal. All unresolved complaints will be placed before the Inter-Ministerial Committee constituted by the Department of Consumer Affairs, for arriving at a logical conclusion. How do I track the status of my complaint? Complainants could login using user id and password provided at the time of registering complaint and can track the status. Alternatively, GSK / VCOs would inform the complainant, if the complaint was lodged through them, from time to time. What Action do I expect on my complaint? Every complaint will be registered and a Unique Complaint ID is issued. The complainant can track the status of the complaint using this ID. The complaint will be forwarded to the concerned regulator / authority for action against those responsible for the misleading advertisement. Action according to the provisions of the existing law will be initiated. Who are the authorities? The Government Departments / Self-regulating Authorities / Ombudsmen are the authorities. Who will be contact person in the Department of Consumer Affairs? Deputy Secretary (Publicity) Department of Consumer Affairs Krishi Bhawan. New Delhi - 110001 Email : more  
There is no time to time guidlines issued to TV Channel on such restriction, in the bargain they make money. more  
To day i particularly happened to view the advertisements of " Maxer underwares where a specific type of dancing exposure was exhibited / presented using Ladies / Female / Women while the only Gent stands with healthy Physic with only the Underware . This add has been rarely happened in display while viewing the News in 24 hour News Channel of India . May be , Since the filing and completing the Case takes costly Money , valuable time besides number of times rounding to the Lawyer and Courts , EVEN THE WOMEN ASSOCIATIONS , SOCIETIES , SOCIAL ASSOCIATIONS THOUGH HAVING SUFFICIENT FUNDS WITH THEM , ARE NOT AT ALL OPTING TO FILE AND CHALLENGE THE ADMINISTRATION AND THE GOVERNMENT . Since such issues are pertinent to Social Status , indecent presentation of Women that was prohibited under specific act , diluting the Indian Women Culture etc., THERE SHALL BE AN OPPORTUNITY TO POST WITH THE CONTENTIONS AND EVIDENCE OF DISPLAY , UNDER PUBLIC INTEREST ISSUES on the one hand and , on the other hand there shall be a Government Department particularly set for such Reports / Urges which the Govts. should take up legally in the Court of Law at their Cost AND SUCH ACTS SHALL BE SET FOR SERIOUS AND SEVERE PUNISHMENTS INCLUDING MONITORY PENALTY AT THE CONCEPT OF THE WHOLE SOCIETY please . more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

    • Disconnection of EB connection - to those Tenets whose license is cancelled by local body an

      Is there any judgement regarding disconnection of EB connection of a tenent whose license is cancelled by local body or panchayat and in a building which is colloapsed. Misuse of eb connection a co...

      By Ramachandran Sridhar Alias Krishnan

      The Government through the legal system has empowered women backed by commissions and other SPVs specifically created for the purpose.However law alone can not empower women and empowered women mus...

      By Prasanta Misra
    • Genuine Lawyers and fake

      An Advocate ( I dont want to name) has sent me a notice submitting some false information regarding the ownership of the property from his client and threatening that he will take legal action aga...

      By Ramachandran Sridharakrishnan
    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)