We are a 93 Member Cooperative Residential Society....Most member of our society had received a demand notice to pay property tax upto year 2003-04 along with interest the total amount approx around 2.5 lakhs, which appears irrational and exorbitantly high at a mere glance. In response to the Public Grievance Commission, a call letter was served upon society by Asst Assesor & Collector, MCD for rectification of ex-parte assessment of building portion. As per MCD’s directives members submitting the application along with admitted tax and also included their ownership details. MCD Issued fresh notice after calculation as per Categories of flat issued individual notice to all flat owners. In the new demand notice- a) Vacancy Remision for the period from 31-03-02 (date of first possession letter issue) to 14-4-03 (date of energisation of electricity connection) was inserted and Property Tax @ 2/3rd of the tax due for vacancy remission period after adjusting the excess plot tax equally among 93 flats and levied applicable 1% interest per month
What legal option do we have... Court / MCD Taxation Tribunal... Should we pay before going for relief... At a glance we seek Cut off Date as from where Property Tax should be charged (we have paid Vacant Land Tax upto 2004) and waiver of interst more  

View all 9 comments Below 9 comments
You may send documents on our mail lawjuris09@gmail.com for prior advise. more  
Hi Anuj, to understand your case properly from reputed and experienced Lawyers, post your question on www.myadvo.in | where you can get Free Legal Advice. more  
Federation of cooperative societies need to be contacted for taking up the matter collectively with MCD. Earlier also they were helpful in getting the property tax for the period prior to 2004 calculated on 'unit area method '. more  
You can also reach out to lawyers in your area here: http://www.ruly.in/lawyersearch more  
ou can approach MCD property Tax Tribunal. All the disputes pertaining to property tax are within the jurisdiction of this tribunal. The tribunal also hear appeals on dispute in this regard. So this is the legal remedy available to you. Read more: Source: http://www.ruly.in/viewquestion/276 more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

    • Disconnection of EB connection - to those Tenets whose license is cancelled by local body an

      Is there any judgement regarding disconnection of EB connection of a tenent whose license is cancelled by local body or panchayat and in a building which is colloapsed. Misuse of eb connection a co...

      By Ramachandran Sridhar Alias Krishnan

      The Government through the legal system has empowered women backed by commissions and other SPVs specifically created for the purpose.However law alone can not empower women and empowered women mus...

      By Prasanta Misra
    • Genuine Lawyers and fake

      An Advocate ( I dont want to name) has sent me a notice submitting some false information regarding the ownership of the property from his client and threatening that he will take legal action aga...

      By Ramachandran Sridharakrishnan
    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
    • Settlement of claim

      Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination.

      By Koiredla Chandrarao
    • 4 crore personnel loan

      We have total 4 crore personnel loan out of 5 crore loan. One of my partner cheated us in Mining business. He mis utilized entire fund and project fake orders he created. We are.in...

      By Anonymous Circle member
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)