I was selected as management trainee environment in Coal India Limited but denied to join because of low vision in left eye. I found that as par the Mines Act the person having 6/6 vision in one eye is allowed to join for surface work. I have 6/6 vision in my right eye.The act also states the provision for appeal to Director General of Mines Safety for examination by Appellate Board. But they have not allowed me to appear in the Appellate Board stating that the act is not applicable on me. I filed an RTI and came to know that Mines Act is applicable for me. Now please advice me on how should I proceed further to claim my job. more  

View all 23 comments Below 23 comments
Reason for rejection may be because the Establishment might have filled up the vacancy and rejection would be gimmicks.. HRD ministry and PMO might have instructed for such nasty action. This country will never improve as long as dirty politicians and Ministers are not kicked out. more  
this is a simple case, u make a representation with a copy to HRD ministry , PMO. I am almost blind with left eye but was allowed to join, I joned a bank. Pl also ensure that that there are no strict rules post the post u r selected, for this pl get a copy for the medical requirements through RTI, for the post more  
First of all he need to look at the advertisement whether they have any vacancy against the advertisement in the surface job. If the jobs requirement as laid down in the advertisement were for the field, may be he has no locus standii in the case. This point shall be the base on which further course of action depends. more  
Immediately approach the Ministry of HRD as also the PMO to do the needful! more  
You have neither indicated the vision requirement specified for management trainee nor how you meet that requirement (you are silent about the vision in other eye). You should first examine this crucial aspect dispassionately before getting entangled in expensive litigation. But if you meet the medical requirements, give a written representation, deliver it personally against dated acknowledgement and file a case within a reasonable time (say 2 months). You should be aware that law of limitation would be applicable in your case and beyond 1 year (verify with a lawyer) your writ would become time barred. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
    • Settlement of claim

      Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination.

      By Koiredla Chandrarao
    • 4 crore personnel loan

      We have total 4 crore personnel loan out of 5 crore loan. One of my partner cheated us in Mining business. He mis utilized entire fund and project fake orders he created. We are.in...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Advocate help required

      Advocate help required for our odisha mining related fraud and document forgery from our partner. 1. Till now ~5cr amount transfered to his account for handling the project and office expe...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Adoption

      One of my friends wants to adopt a female baby ( a month old) . She is the daughter of his own brother and there is mutual consent. please let me know the procedures to be followed to make it legal...

      By N.Mohan Mohan
    • Pyramid Scheme from Osmose Technology Pvt Ltd

      I would like to know if it’s legal in India to run a Pyramid or Multi-level marketing scheme and if it’s safe for people to join as member. Particularly I would like to know...

      By Rajeev Rumale
    • Case against Medical Health insurance

      Want to file a case against Max Bupa Health Insurance company. Needs a competent professional, advocate or some Insurance law expert. Any one can advise ??

    • Maruti True Value - Total loss car sale

      I have bought other brand car (Honda Jazz) from Maruti True Value located @ Paruthipattu. They ensure the vehicle is not meet in accident and flood affected. While booking I agreed them to do name ...

      By Prabagaran Sekar
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)