May I draw the attention of members of the Local Circle on Legal Advice and matters my posting of 08-07-15 seeking clarification which is reproduced below:
"Will someone clarify the doubt mentioned below.
My uncle died intestate in 1942. He had agricultural lands inherited through his Father and no self-acquired property. He had only two daughters and no sons. His wife had predeceased him. He had one younger brother and three sisters. Considering that this death occurred before the enactment of the Hindu Succession Act, 1956 which conferred the right of inheritance on females besides males, did his daughters inherit the agricultural lands of my uncle or did those lands devolve on his younger brother with exclusive title and rights?" more  

View all 15 comments Below 15 comments
If there was no WILL created whether the property is self acquired or ancestral all are having their share even the female family members also. If no partition deed made during the life time of your uncle your case is very strong. But now a days males are dominating without minding the female sisters and the sisters must take court action first by sending legal notice and if they fail to court. IN THE MEAN TIME DON'T SIGN ON DOTTED LINES OF THE DEED IF YOUR BROS. APPROACH. Without your signature they can't do any thing. more  
As already stated the criteria is whether there was a partition between the members during the life time of ur uncle.a mere advice for issues of this nature will not yield the proper result.You have to approach a lawyer with the documents more  
On Saturday, July 11, 2015, Sastry Vemoory <>

> more  
If partition has not yet taken place, daughters get the right. more  
I agree with Shri Sankara Narayana Pillai (Former Judge) more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
    • Settlement of claim

      Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination.

      By Koiredla Chandrarao
    • 4 crore personnel loan

      We have total 4 crore personnel loan out of 5 crore loan. One of my partner cheated us in Mining business. He mis utilized entire fund and project fake orders he created. We

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Advocate help required

      Advocate help required for our odisha mining related fraud and document forgery from our partner. 1. Till now ~5cr amount transfered to his account for handling the project and office expe...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Adoption

      One of my friends wants to adopt a female baby ( a month old) . She is the daughter of his own brother and there is mutual consent. please let me know the procedures to be followed to make it legal...

      By N.Mohan Mohan
    • Pyramid Scheme from Osmose Technology Pvt Ltd

      I would like to know if it’s legal in India to run a Pyramid or Multi-level marketing scheme and if it’s safe for people to join as member. Particularly I would like to know...

      By Rajeev Rumale
    • Case against Medical Health insurance

      Want to file a case against Max Bupa Health Insurance company. Needs a competent professional, advocate or some Insurance law expert. Any one can advise ??

    • Maruti True Value - Total loss car sale

      I have bought other brand car (Honda Jazz) from Maruti True Value located @ Paruthipattu. They ensure the vehicle is not meet in accident and flood affected. While booking I agreed them to do name ...

      By Prabagaran Sekar
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)