To the Cell on Legal Advice and Matters:
In the year 1980 I executed an Agreement on receipt of an Advance to sell 2 Acres 70 Cents of Agricultural Land out of a holding of 3 Acres 50 Cents in what is now called Andhra Pradesh to my Tenant who was in possession of the land. Neither the Buyer demanded that the Sale be perfected by executing and registering Sale Deed over the property, nor did I pursue the matter being away in a far-away city on official duty.
After 17 years I sent a Notice in the year 1997 demanding that the land be returned to me as no Sale Deed was executed. No response was received as I heard that Supreme Court issued a Judgement in a case that Sale by Sale Agreement can be annulled if not perfected in due time by execution of a Sale Deed.
Recently I have come to know that a Patta Passbook was issued to a Farmer other than my said Tenant covering the entire extent of 3 Acres 50 Cents and not just the piece of 2 Acress 70 Cents I sold.
Of course, as soon as I came to know this I sent a Notice to the District Revenue Officer requesting him to do the needful in the matter.
I shall be grateful if some Members of the Cell on Legal Advice and Matters can give me advice on the Law applicable in the above-described case. more  

View all 8 comments Below 8 comments
I would not advise any action that is morally incorrect as that can also land you in more serious problems.

You sold the land and you got the money. Purchaser forgot to register and you also forgot. Perhaps you also forgot to disclose your income from capital gains to the tax authorities and seek sanction of government as you are a government employee.

Rather than complicate the matter, you should try to sort it out with purchaser. more  
No opinion can be given in such matters without seeing all documents. Contact a lawyer more  
Mr, Sastri apologies but there are so many flaws in your query like you said that you executed an agreement after receipt of advance so first question is that you keep this advance or return to purchaser if you return, then land is completely yours but if you keep it than its your responsibility also to complete that agreement because as per your statement you took money from purchaser and now you want land also. its mean you want gain from everyside and yes you didn't do anything for last eighteen years and suddenly after heard about supreme court judgment you find time to purse this matter and you start sending notices its shows malafide more  
dear madhu do you think the lawyer would be of any help its these lawyers and advocates who play double game insted they can appraoch the land revenue authroities they could be of some help more  
My submission is that you please talk to some lawyer of Andhra-Pradesh who may take up the necessary steps in this regard. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
    • Legal advice to file a complaint

      Dear Members, I have to file a legal complaint against HDFC Bank at New Delhi for my pending refund of 60 thousand since Jan 2019. I have communicated enough on emails and on the phone however...

      By Sumit Bajaj
    • Settlement of claim

      Can any Circle member guide to get back the amount of one's father held up in a bank(SBI) after latters death without any nomination.

      By Koiredla Chandrarao
    • 4 crore personnel loan

      We have total 4 crore personnel loan out of 5 crore loan. One of my partner cheated us in Mining business. He mis utilized entire fund and project fake orders he created. We

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Advocate help required

      Advocate help required for our odisha mining related fraud and document forgery from our partner. 1. Till now ~5cr amount transfered to his account for handling the project and office expe...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Adoption

      One of my friends wants to adopt a female baby ( a month old) . She is the daughter of his own brother and there is mutual consent. please let me know the procedures to be followed to make it legal...

      By N.Mohan Mohan
    • Pyramid Scheme from Osmose Technology Pvt Ltd

      I would like to know if it’s legal in India to run a Pyramid or Multi-level marketing scheme and if it’s safe for people to join as member. Particularly I would like to know...

      By Rajeev Rumale
    • Case against Medical Health insurance

      Want to file a case against Max Bupa Health Insurance company. Needs a competent professional, advocate or some Insurance law expert. Any one can advise ??

    • Maruti True Value - Total loss car sale

      I have bought other brand car (Honda Jazz) from Maruti True Value located @ Paruthipattu. They ensure the vehicle is not meet in accident and flood affected. While booking I agreed them to do name ...

      By Prabagaran Sekar
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)