Mother and her two daughters, the owners of a plot of land, gave Power of Attorney to a person for developing the property, seven/eight years ago. The attorney holder constructed Flats in the land and sold, but transferred no financial effects to the Owners(especially to the two daughters), instead avoiding them now. Can the two daughters now write to the attorney holder to submit and clarify the details of development done by him and transfer the proportionate financial gains to them? more  

View all 14 comments Below 14 comments
Without knowing the exact intention written in the POA one cannot give proper advice, Whether the said POA had any condition of right of sale in favor of the developer , if yes upto what extent of devoloped property had he right to sale for himself, and what was the share of the daughters and mother in the devoloped property? As of Law no contract even in the form of POA is valid if there is no consideration to any of the parties to the POA. If daughters have got no consideration they may file a civil suit asking the possession of the property. more  
IF presently the issue is ONLY about financial accounts or gains, THEN the claim/demand could be time barred due to the provision of Limitation Act. POA can be rescinded by giving proper notice, to all parties concerned. Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal READ ARTICLES ON: more  
Power of attorney must have been executed along with some Developers agreement. without the same POA must be a blanket transfer of powers to do anything. So first findout the said agreement and payment if any made during the development of the flats, thereafter next course of action be decided. more  
You said that you wrote the POA. The condition not mentioned. Such case, it is not correct to give advice. more  
Thank you for responding to my posts. I shall get in touch with all details for getting your guidances in the matter. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • H'ble SC asked GOI;- Is Govt willing to Ban Convicted Netas life long to Contest Elections

      A CJI Teared His Eyes. A CJI suggested Joint Meets of Judiciary and Executive. Another CJI deeply regretted and Seriously commented on Convicts Heading a Political Party and Share the Rule. T...

      By Csn Sarma
    • Harazent by neighbor and society community

      What should we do to when a neighbor keeps harassing to us and our tenants who stay in our house which is in ozone villa society pune. When I was staying in 2014 with my six months baby and trying ...

      By Anjana P K Jain

      Legal Agreements are a part of our every day life. We get into formal Agreements at various stages of our life. Parents sign on Agreements for their wards at school since minors cannot get into con...

    • RWA Maintenance

      Hi, Would like to know is there are any court order or Law which gives flexibility for Owner/Tenant to pay the maintenance amount as per his/her convenience. Initially the m...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Legal Position - Responsibilty of the Builder to hand over the common Assets

      We have come across a situation where our builder of a group housing of Villas and flats numbering 411 has put a condition thru some of his supporters In the RWA that he will transfer the common as...

    • Disconnection of EB connection - to those Tenets whose license is cancelled by local body an

      Is there any judgement regarding disconnection of EB connection of a tenent whose license is cancelled by local body or panchayat and in a building which is colloapsed. Misuse of eb connection a co...

      By Ramachandran Sridhar Alias Krishnan

      The Government through the legal system has empowered women backed by commissions and other SPVs specifically created for the purpose.However law alone can not empower women and empowered women mus...

      By Prasanta Misra
    • Genuine Lawyers and fake

      An Advocate ( I dont want to name) has sent me a notice submitting some false information regarding the ownership of the property from his client and threatening that he will take legal action aga...

      By Ramachandran Sridharakrishnan
    • Registering a Business

      Hi, Am a working professional in a pvt ltd company. My query is while working in the company can i register a business in my name. Is there any act/law which prohibits. Thanks for your t...

      By Anonymous Circle member
    • Transfer of property by gift deed

      Can a mother, having five children, gift deed her property to a particular child without informing to the other children or getting consent of the other children?

      By Amitava Dutta
    • Judiciary must deliver fast & correct judgement

      As soon as a person is arrested on filing of FIR by police, & produced before Magistrates court dealing with Criminal case, the accused applies for bail & also obtains Stay before sessi...

      By Bahadur Sanjana
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)