Prescriptions & Medicines
1. Patient need not visit doctor again for issue of medicines from dispensaries & hospitals. Print of prescription should carry alternative of medicines from different manufacturers.
2. It is also to check corruption in selling medicines at exorbitant rates at hospital pharmaceutical sale outlets.
3. Patient should have freedom to buy medicines of same salt/quantity of any company.
4. Different manufacturers of medicines should write generic/actual names of medicines rather than their own brand names.
5. Government should manufacture some of common drugs as packs have rates improportionate to quantities. For example Thyroxine tablets differ much in quantities packed by same company.
6. Medicine bottle/phial/strip should mention composition/combinations in readable size of alphabets & not so minute to be unreadable, else, pack should also carry with a pamphlet.
7. Ultra sound should not be allowed in residential areas to check misuse for sex determination as such places are opaque/hideous from view.
8. Board of a doctor or his clinic should display his registration number which should be available on internet to verify his qualification, check RMPs & detect fake practitioners.
Supreme Court of India.
DCP (Retd.), IB more