ancestral property rights

Dear Members

We are 4 kids to our parents, after parents expired without partition or will. Now I want to give up all my ancestral property rights to some one legally, so that they can claim and settle either through court or mutual discussion.

Please advice me in this regards.

Kindly help

Sincerely more  

Execute a will in favour of the person, whom you want to give. However correct advice can be given only after knowing the nature of properties. more  
You may opt for a relinquishment deed. it relinquishes your share in the property and henceforth the other 3 kids shall decide the matter as to what to do with the property. you may opt for a gift deed whereby you may gift your share to any one or any two or all three in a proportion decided by you. These are standard deeds. Any deed scripter/lawyer can help you prepare these near your place and please get the deed registered. more  
I want to share important information about relinquishment deed. Incase 2 out of 3 inheritors have signed on relinquishment document and 3rd inheritor is acting pricey/manupulative/living far away and not available to sign...
Relinquishment deed signed by 2 out of 3 inheritors is valid for all purposes... more  
Hi Raja,

Thanks a lot for your inputs.
Does relinquish deed required any documentation of properties in specific status format ? Since I am living far away place and I don't have any properties documents, but I have little details like survey numbers etc. And I have question is, does this relinquishment deed to be signed by all three parties. Then problem is to get all 3 together is not possible due their own differences. So what other legal process can help?

Arun more  
I think ancestral properties can't be transferred in favour of any third person without written consent of his legal heirs(children). more  
Hi Ranjit Ji

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I got inputs like power attorney can be given to any siblings with any written permission. Please elaborate on the subject that power attorney can be given to any siblings or third parties also without any written permission.

Best Regards more  
Would be glad to help / advise ... While its perfectly legal to do / document / implement what you propose, the complexity would be based on both the nature of assets and the extent of records you personally have available ... The documentation for such an arrangement would need to be foolproof for it to be effective. more  
Hi Jayant Ji

Thanks a lot for your inputs.
Since I am living in far away place and I don't have any properties documents, but I have little details like survey numbers etc. And I believe properties are not in any litigation or having loans, may be there is no recent years payment of revenue taxes. And all the documents are with elder brother possession, and he is not showing interest to get all three to an agreement.

So in this context, What property documents are required ? what legal procedure are good and foolproof ?

Arun more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)