2017: Making Karnataka Better
So, kindly go back to the key issues faced and suggest what is it that the State Government should get done in this year to improve the lives of citizens, improve governance and Make Karnataka prosperous.
If required we will conduct polls and submit the key priority areas to the Government of Karnataka as a collective citizen ask.
We look forward to your inputs! more
If a citizen applies for a service like approval for a building plan or anything similar, the concerned Dept should provide it within a stipulated period ,say 3 weeks. If not it should be deemed that approval is granted and the concerned officer would be responsible. If there is any objection it should be clearly informed to the applicant within 2 weeks.
A citizen should be allowed to register complaints to police electronically .
All merchants occupying footpath should be evicted. It is quite easy. First serve notices. Afterwards photograph the encroachments and file a suit to evict as well as collect rent for the space occupied at market rate with retrospective effect ,say for 5 years.
(More to follow in due course) more
b. Interconnect west and north karnataka to Bangalore through proper rail network with metre gauges so that max. travel time to the farthest corner is 7-8 hrs. Promote aquaduct based agriculture in arid areas of north Karnatakato promote organic farming instead of only sugar cane
c. Make land laws in Bangalore urban areas simpler its city now you cant stick onto panchayat rules. For e.g. the Storm water drain buffer zone thing in Kerala one of the most environment conscious state in India in kochi there is no such buffer zone the embankment of the SWD are built strong thats it. Similarly the Kharab B and this kind of rules are we going to do agriculture again in the city to maintain Kharab B in private property / allow to reroute in private property the kharab land. Else stop conversion of agricultural land into residential land in the city. Do one of the things. Instaed of making the law so complex
d. Link all subregistar office in karnataka especially in Bangalore through a common server so that same property cant be sold multiple times or properties in restricted zone cant be sold. Coz sub registrar is the govt agency that is legalising the transaction more
1. Ground water conservation through public rain water harvesting and irrigation projects
2. Make efforts to include a few towns in the list of Smart Cities. De-congest Bengaluru by developing alternate urban areas
3. Skill development in the villages
4. Facilitate voter registration to ensure 100% citizen coverage in voter list
5. Make police stations people friendly and involve people volunteers in maintaining law and order
6. Provide concessions to private sector for setting up quality hospitals in rural areas
1. Vastly improve public transport and last-mile connectivity for metro. Associated improvement of parking facilities in and around key public transport drop/pick up points and metro stations
2. Declare the city as 'no plastic' zone
3. Speedy completion of current projects without significant overruns
4. Effective garbage management
5. All BBMP services to be brought under e-governance with service level SLAs and accountability
6. Improve public toilets
7. Remove unauthorized hoardings and cables along electric lines
8. Remove encroachment along pavements and public roads
9. Involve resident welfare associations in government initiatives
10. Make Bangalore safe for women and disadvantaged through creation of rapid response teams
11. Restore lakes and streamline sewage system
12. Relocate polluting industries to the periphery of the city and spread them out across the State so that they don't choke cities and towns from the centre. more