Sub: A Railway journey to Lalkuan (Ramnagar Express) without food and in an unhealthy condition for 38 hours
PNR No. 8740464868 dt. 22/10 & 2410870076 dt. 31/10
I am a retired Defence Person, I failed to understand, how a train which runs more than 40 hrs. and runs 1230 K.M. a day, having no pantry car and no clean ship even in the AC 2tier/3tire( photo and ticket attached). Train which runs more than 1000 K.M. a day should have a Pantry Car, as per Railway rule. Then why this Train did not have this facility. When passengers are paying a huge amount from their hard earned money, then why should we be deprived from the required facility. When I questioned TTE and Attendant about the poor condition of the Train, they said, ‘is train ka koi mai baap nehi hai, hapta me ekdin chalne ka karan’
Following points were noticed in the train and some of the photos are attached for your perusal:
1) In all the toilets, soap container was not having cap, hence, liquid soap was not poured in both way journey and in the basin a bottle with liquid soap was hanged after raising voice.
2) Passengers including us suffered from hunger as there was no Pantry Car and there was no good food available on the stations. Me & my wife consumed 10 packets of biscuits while going. On return, we carried packed food. But condition of 1st time traveller in this train was pathetic.
3) While returning, we found the roof near the vestibule (basin) started leaking and whole floor was with full of water. It was very difficult for the passengers for boarding up and down. When I asked for the Complaint Book from TTE (Mr. Manish Agarwal) refused to give.
4) On return, I found there is no proper ladder to climb on to upper birth (photo attached).
5) The temporary locking hook of a Toilet was malfunctioning and it remained in open condition only (photo attached).