The problems in Railway travel:
1. Unreserved tkt holders travelling on Reserved Coaches. TTE never bother about it and hide himself by removing their coat so that people cant identify them easily and occupy a a/c coach seat after preliminary examinations. (Brindavan, Vaigai, Pallavan Expresses)
2. Beggars, Unauthorised vendors, Travellers without tickets are very common in most of the day trains of intercity travel. (Brindavan, Vaigai, Pallavan Expresses)
3. Very poor maintenance of coaches - floors not properly swept, not mopped, seats are not frequently dusted, windows are not properly lubricated or fixed so that it can b smoothly raised or lowered during rainy season. Most of the fans wont start on its own. it needs a finger push or ball pen push to start.
4. Allotting seats in the berth are very improper. Senior citizens are allotted in the upper berths..tall people have to crush themselves in their side upper berths.
5. Tatkal booking highly impossible n troublesome. In many important trains n festival timings all seats vanishes within a few seconds. That means some one is playing the fool using fake software online and knowing that the railways not taking consistent actions.
6. Platforms are not maintained properly with clear sign boards, Toilets, food facilities and even moving from one platform to another by aged people with luggages is very very difficult. availability of wheel chair is very difficult. it is either not maintained properly or broken or not many available for many aged people. Even the battery car available cannot go to all platforms ( In Egmore station).
7. Handling of goods transported in the express trains. In Most of the trains goods coach is next to engine. the porters unload the goods in competition with the passengers' movement and keep it on the path of the narrow platform ( in Chennai central station).
8. Booking of goods in the train while travelling is a laborious process. The porters have a say. they decide in collusion with the passenger the weight and volume and hence the tariff. Railways lose lots of money.
9. Very pathetic situation for the aged people to go to toilet in ordinary coaches. wats the difference between humans of high fare and low fare coaches. S. the railways may show difference in travel seats but not in toilets. I wish all the toilets should b of same quality and maintenance bcas the railways are different from other mode only with their toilets. No water, leaking taps, no provision to keep mobile or purse safely inside the toilet.
and there are so many woos.